Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kaygee

8 months

Rate this Entry
Saturday will be 8 months post-op. Haven't lost much the past 2 months. I've been dealing with a pinched nerve in my neck so I've been limited to walking for exercise. And with this cold and icy weather in the northeast, I haven't been able to get the walking in mid than once a week. On the plus side, it's now Spring and warmer weather is on the way. And, at least I can say I haven't gained weight. And that is a victory in itself.

Recently I've had people ask me what I've been doing because I look great. To most I just kinda shrug it off and say nothing. To a few close friends I've simply said I've been walking, eating better, and gotten off some medication. It's still no one's business that I had surgery.

I'm down about 60 lbs. I'm feeling great. I've got a chin and cheek bones. I've discovered a waist. I've rediscovered an old, smaller, fashionable wardrobe that makes me look and feel somewhat sexier and more confident. I've also been taking time to do my hair and makeup and admire my new look in a mirror. I've got so much to be grateful for. This surgery is one of the best things I've done. No regrets, I'd do it again.

Submit "8 months" to Digg Submit "8 months" to del.icio.us Submit "8 months" to StumbleUpon Submit "8 months" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Have you looked into the nuerostimulator ?
    Keep up the good work:-)
    Thanks for posting. I really appreciate reading everyone's updates. Sounds like you are doing great (except for the pinched nerve ... ouch!) My weight loss is slowing down too (I am almost at the 5 month mark). I guess that's pretty usual.
    Congratulations on your new lease on life. I can't wait to report my progress in 8 months.