Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BladeFox

You Must Be Inventive!

Rate this Entry
I am six day out of surgery and it has been five days that I have had to manage my vitamin, water, and food intake, yet, I have not been hungry. What I have been is bored so now I am trying to be inventive with my sad full-liquid items

This morning I took my homemade chicken broth and was pondering what could I make that would keep me on the full-liquid and would satisfy my taste buds. So...I decided to boil some broth and use that in place of water for my cream of wheat. YUM TO THE TENTH HOUSE!!!! It reminded me of the grits that come with shrimp. Of course my homemade broth is like none other chile' because like they say in the south, 'I put my big toe in it.'

Stay imaginative and inventive so boredom doesn't creep in!

Submit "You Must Be Inventive!" to Digg Submit "You Must Be Inventive!" to del.icio.us Submit "You Must Be Inventive!" to StumbleUpon Submit "You Must Be Inventive!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I agree you have to be inventive...in all stages. I cook more now than I did pre sleeve and am learning 1001 ways to cook chicken:-)
    Mmmm, will have to try that!
    I didn't think that cream of wheat was an approvable for any stage due to the large amt of carbs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Erldnurse1
    I didn't think that cream of wheat was an approvable for any stage due to the large amt of carbs?
    If you go to my profile and read my full liquid diet items, cream of wheat is on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erldnurse1
    It was on my approved list as well. I believe its all about balance and quantity. In the full liquid stage you are barely getting in much of anything, so you can have it and still stay low-carb (my surgeon suggests under 50 gm carbs per day for optimum results.)