Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

speedracer

1 year + post op, Spring is near

Rate this Entry
I am 365+ 16 days post of from my gastric sleeve. I was at 350 pounds pre op at my highest, when I got serious about having the sleeve, I start losing, and got down to 344. The first 40 came off fast, the last 64 took its time. I got down to 247, then gained 9 pounds back, because of my back injury. So today I am back at 256. And about to go back on liquids to ensure that I dont gain another ounce. I need to pick up some Choc Unjury, and start boosting my protein.

Also, today I had a nuero stimulator implant, and as my back surgeon says, its the end of the line for me. If this doesnt work, well.............I just know this is going to work for me!
I am greatful I had the sleeve, this is only a minor hiccup, I was really hoping to be at 199 at my one year anniversary. I am closer than I was pre sleeve, no doubt about that. Spring is almost here, so I look foward to this surgery helping me (like the sleeve has) to bust these last pounds, and new weight.

I was hoping the sleeve alone would assist in my back pain, but in fact, losing 104 pounds aggervated my back more. So if you have major back issues, and are thinking about this surgery (sleeve) keep this in mind. Its a balance board, on one hand you lose weight, and get more mobile/active and become less sedate. On the other hand, if you have back issues, you know that being more mobile and active causes major flare ups. Moving around 350 is a lot harder than moving 256, but for some unknown reason, 256 hurts, but hopefully 199 will cure that issue, so thats the continued goal. Ive read from other bloggers that the last of the weight is the hardest to lose, and kudos to those who are keeping it off, and maintaining, that is the ultimate goal.

I would highly reccommend the sleeve to anyone who is morbidly obese, and has additional health issues (co morbities), and if you follow this new life style (which, could be considered a permanent diet, though a lot of sleevers frown upon this term) then you will be successful. I will also say, if you dont follow your surgeons guidelines, and use commonsense (which we all know common sense is a double edged sword), the odds are NOT in your favor.

Best of luck everyone-

Submit "1 year + post op, Spring is near" to Digg Submit "1 year + post op, Spring is near" to del.icio.us Submit "1 year + post op, Spring is near" to StumbleUpon Submit "1 year + post op, Spring is near" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You can do it Speedy! Congrats on your success so far and good wishes for the future.
    Great job so far. Good luck meeting your goals!!
    I hope this surgery is the answer!! You deserve to be pain free and able to really live your life fully, sends thoughts and hugs
    Go Speedracer, You can do this!!! I wish you much continued success in your weight loss and I am praying for your back pain to ease and let you live the life you want. Have a full and fast recovery and get on with the business of healing and losing!!
    Best wishes Speedracer. Congrats on your loss. You are doing an awesome job. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    Speedracer, you and I had a similar starting weight; my surgery was on 4/15/13 I was at 342 and have been at 215 since November. I keep thinking I should try for 190, but I am very comfortable at this weight and believe it is what my weight is supposed to be. Maybe 256 is your natural weight, I think it is great you are keeping 100 lbs off with your medical problems and limited mobility. Hopefully your back issues are behind you, keep posting; you are always a good read.
    cheers to your anniversary; sorry you have the backissues. hardly seems fair to be doing everything right and not be feeling better but sounds like you have a good attitude. here's to continued weight loss and to feeling better-hugs-gordita
    Permanent diet as compared to all the shit we used to eat, indeed.

My wife has spinal stenosis that was likely caused by being super morbidly obese... didn't pain her until after she lost all of her weight. Crazy but true.

Here's to nuero stimulator implant success!
    Wishing you all the best with your new neuro stimulator! Take care and stay in touch!
    The closer you get to goal, the slower the weight loss becomes, BUT every pound that you loose when you are close to your goal becomes very noticeable!

I wish you the best, and I hope your implant does the trick!
    Congrats on all the positives in your life. I wish you success with your back treatments. Life is good!
    Your weight loss is nothing to sneeze at and I'm sure with better control of your back pain, more #'s will come off for you!
    SPEEDRACER i am hoping so much that after all your hard work this last thing that they think will help you, will actually help you.
    You have done so well and not only that you are an inspiration to those out there who need inspiring! Dont give up ..technology and medicine is always changing and there is always hope of a new find. i miss your posts on here always good informative and straight to the point.. just how i like it. look after yourself and keep going you can so do this!
    Keep in touch when you can
    all the best Hev