Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kaygee

My husband didn't recognize me

Rate this Entry
Last week I had to attend a meeting at my son's school. My husband was coming straight from work so he decided to meet me there. I got there early and started chatting with another parent. Well, my husband arrived and didn't recognize me. He said I'm so much thinner that he actually couldn't pick me out of a crowd. I also have been dressing better than I was when I was heavier. I don't think he's used to it.

I'm just about 7 months out. I'm down about 60 lbs. Overall I'm feeling great. My only complaint is that I'm freezing. I've lost my fat layer of insulation and I can't get warm. And we've had one awful winter here in Boston. I'm looking forward to the summer.

Another small victory I've had is that my jewelry fits again. Not just rings, necklaces fit and look good. And bracelets fit great. I've actually temporarily stopped wearing my watch because it slipped off my wrist and I'm afraid of losing it. When I've lost all my weight I'll have it resized.

Hopefully we'll warm up here soon and I'll clean out my closest and do a little spring clothes shopping. I'm in a size medium top and a size 12 bottom. Yay me!!

Submit "My husband didn't recognize me" to Digg Submit "My husband didn't recognize me" to del.icio.us Submit "My husband didn't recognize me" to StumbleUpon Submit "My husband didn't recognize me" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

So happy for you. I hear you about being cold all of the time. I'm usually in my down jacket at work. Keep up the great work!!
    I cant wait to wear my jewelry again. Congratulations to you.
    Inspiring!
    I am a year out and agree with you on the cold. I can't seem to get warm. I am in Central MA where we get a huge amount of snow. God Bless...Mem
    Great job! I understand the part about dressing better. I'm down 40 lbs and spend much more time now on my appearance. When I was heavier seems I thought "why bother, I'm still gonna look fat no matter how much makeup, or what style clothes I wear"
    yay for you!!!!
    This is an awesome post! Thanks for sharing. So inspiring.