Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SleevedRN

4 months post op...almost to goal.

Rate this Entry
I have reached 4 months post op and am doing great. I am down 72 pounds since day of surgery. It's difficult for me to believe just 4 months ago I was the biggest I have ever been. This journey has been an emotional one.

I am still following a low carb, high protein diet. I have yet to eat a slice of bread since surgery and I don't crave bread when I see it. Yes there have been times(celebrations and parties) when I have had a slice of cake or a cookie, but they make me feel sick to my stomach, and I am thankful for that. I still get 60 grams of protein a day in and I still drink a protein shake daily. I try to stay under 80 grams of carbs a day. I struggle with getting enough fluid in on the days I work, but I do try. Time is an issue on those days. I am so thankful for the sleeve and I have myself back again. I have no regrets.

I am averaging 10lbs lost per month. My original goal was 165. I am 5'8. But I changed the goal to 155 as that is where I think I would feel most comfortable. I am wearing a size 7/8 jean now which is the smallest I have been in my adult life.

I get a ton of questions from my family and co workers. I do not tell them I had surgery. I don't feel like it's not any of their business and I have worked hard to get where I am. This has taken a ton of discipline and dedication.

The scale keeps me in check. I weigh myself 3x weekly and depending on what the scale says, is how strict I am on myself. This has worked for me. I run 3x weekly for about 5 miles and I do weight resistance to keep my muscles strong.

Please feel free to come to me with questions or comments. I am happy to help you in any way I can.

Submit "4 months post op...almost to goal." to Digg Submit "4 months post op...almost to goal." to del.icio.us Submit "4 months post op...almost to goal." to StumbleUpon Submit "4 months post op...almost to goal." to Google

Comments

Well done
    Wow, you have made incredible progress. Congratulations!
    I felt and do feel the same way. I've been asked by so many people how did you loose weight I told them I cut out breads and pasta's completely. All they say is Wow! you look great, or don't loose too much, I politely tell them thanks and keep it moving. The way I see it, is that this surgery was for me and only me, and I hold that dearly. You look great, Take Care.
    Your doing great! Congratulaions! I havent told anyone about my surgery either, so I totally understand.
    Congratulations on your success so far. You look great!!
    congrats girlie
    Awesome. How has dealing with the loose skin ? My date has not been scheduled but I'm getting really nervous. Awaiting final approval from insurance .
    size 7/8? really? that is my dream!!! i love reading posts like yours ... makes me feel as though my goals really are attainable!
    That is F-A-B-U!!!
    Yes I couldn't believe I wear a 7/8 either! It's a great feeling.

I have been lucky and don't have much loose skin. There is some starting to form around my belly button but it doesn't bother me. I don't plan on wearing a bikini so it's ok. My butt is a little saggy but not horribly. I'm just working on weight training to try to tone those areas up. I know this will take some time. I'm ok with that.
    What an encouraging post! I'm 10 days from surgery. Hope by July I can make this same post. I'm starting out a little heavier than you, but we are the same height. I can't even imagine wearing a 7/8. I love your attitude. Follow the rules, watch carefully. Don't push boundaries. That seems like a recipe for success!
    I am just starting my pre op diet and sitting here eating my lunch. Reading your post makes me even more excited to have my surgery. My date is 3/4 and I am counting down the days. Thank you for the wonderful update. Keep up the great work!!!!!
    Thanks everyone. If I can do it, so can you!