bestnester

Help Me Lose These Last 20 LBS

Rate this Entry
Here's a little history:

Pre-Op: 336 lbs
Current Weight: 184
Total Weight Lost: 152
Celebrate my one year mark tomorrow!

I can't lose these last 20-30 lbs to save my life!! With my intense workouts I'm not seeing my scale budge. Although my actual body is shrinking and tightening. With such a high weight loss in a years time extra skin is a huge painful reality. Taking that in to account I wonder if the body just reaches a point where it's content. I weigh the same I did in HS although smaller size in clothes. I know my issue has to be not enough calories. Today in the two hours I did workout classes I clocked in at 1370 calories burned (wearing my heart rate monitor so it's specific.) On average, I barely eat 1,000 a day. I KNOW I need to eat more to lose but it's not very realistic for me. How on earth do I burn that much and not see the scale move?! Help! I'd like to lose the last 20-25 lbs and not sure how. I'm working harder than ever at the gym, just can't see the scale budge.

I hit the gym 5 times a week: TRX personal training, step, spin, weight lifting, and yoga. On average I burn 850-900 a day. Twice a week at higher interval classes it's usually over 1,000 like today.

I still do a protein shake in the morning to ensure at least 30 grams of protein at that mean. I pick at food and get full VERY fast. Drink lots of water. I know I'm clearly just in starvation mode.

Submit "Help Me Lose These Last 20 LBS" to Digg Submit "Help Me Lose These Last 20 LBS" to del.icio.us Submit "Help Me Lose These Last 20 LBS" to StumbleUpon Submit "Help Me Lose These Last 20 LBS" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

WOW! You lost 152 pounds IN ONE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now, stop sweating about losing the weight...you already did. It's okay to be the same weight for a while...let your body adjust to the new size, let your skin shrink, and stop worrying about the extra 20 pounds you would like to see gone.

Seriously...how much extra skin are you talking about? There was one guy on here who lost more than what you are asking to lose when he did his body lift...So, don't forget that the extra skin weighs something and it maybe that that is holding you back.
    I used to believe the whole "If you don't eat so many calories a day, your body will go into starvation mode" and you wont lose weight theory but the more research I do, the more I think its all a myth. I do think your body needs time to readjust to losing so much in such a short time. You will continue to lose again. As long as you aren't gaining then I'm with Elly....YOU LOST 152 LBS IN ONE YEAR!!!! lol
    If you are physically fit (which I'm sure you are). The scale may not be your best measuring tool. The skin may be an issue, muscle weighs more than fat, although you are not eating much, do you still focus on more protien and less carbs? I know that makes me stall everytime.
    You started around the same weight as I did. I LOVE to hear about your success. However I know for a fact I won't be as dedicated as you are to my excercise plan.... But WEIGH TO GO!!!!
    I am at the one year mark also. I have 5 stubborn pounds to lose. I work out also and have some skin I'd like to lose. I do think my body is happy where it is. Good Luck and God Bless...Mem
    Change it up! Increase water, decrease calories for 7 days. Cut out dairy 100% for 14 days, and boost boost boost healthy lean proteins. If you walk, then run. If you run, then walk. If you do yoga, do pilates instead. If you lift weights, stop and do cardio only. Your body has become accustomed to your new regimen. Cut all caffeine for 14 days too (all), 60g of protein min, and 48+ oz of water min.

Keep it up, your doing fantastic!
    (also, try a carb boost, try and keep them decent though, avoid heavy sodium). Sometimes a boost of carbs can switch things up-
    You're probably gaining muscle which we all know is heavier than fat. Maybe you should focus on a size and not a number. If you feel you HAVE to get to a certain number, Keep doing what you're doing and It will have to budge at some point, working out that intensely though, I bet you're gaining muscle which is a wonderful thing. Don't let that number rule you.
    How tall are you? Are you sure your goal weight is right for you? Also as someone else said - some of your extra weight will be accounted for by excess skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by ellymae71281
    WOW! You lost 152 pounds IN ONE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now, stop sweating about losing the weight...you already did. It's okay to be the same weight for a while...let your body adjust to the new size, let your skin shrink, and stop worrying about the extra 20 pounds you would like to see gone.

Seriously...how much extra skin are you talking about? There was one guy on here who lost more than what you are asking to lose when he did his body lift...So, don't forget that the extra skin weighs something and it maybe that that is holding you back.
    After two babies, my stomach has a major hang over. If I got anything removed it would be that and my arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by niamh
    How tall are you? Are you sure your goal weight is right for you? Also as someone else said - some of your extra weight will be accounted for by excess skin.

I'm only 5'4...so I need to be closer to 150 lbs to even be in the healthy range. Sucky. Excess skin is a big thing, you can't avoid it, but I need to see my physician and have her guide me on how much more to lose.
    I am 5'3 and my surgeon said 125 lbs is a good goal for me. I do not think ill ever reach that small of a weight especially due to excess skin.