Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

GraceMom

Ah ha moment

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by GraceMom View Post
I realized today as I was shopping that I have totally been avoiding mirrors in stores for years now, avoiding seeing my huge reflection. I had myself convinced if I did not look, I was not that big. Well today, I looked, and I don't look out of place anymore. Am I thin? No, but I am looking much better and don't feel ashamed anymore of my reflection. I'll take that!

Submit "Ah ha moment" to Digg Submit "Ah ha moment" to del.icio.us Submit "Ah ha moment" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ah ha moment" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good ONYA!! What a fabulous feeling - we just can't wipe the smile off our faces when we see ourselves taking shape can we? I know I hold my head higher and smile more now and it gets some great responses. I'm sure that our own approval is the most powerful of them all.... well done!
    :-) it's nice to actually allow myself in a few pictures here & there now too!
    Way to go! Even tho we change on the outside, the hardest is changing on the inside, allowing ourselves to see ourself as thin is really hard. We always want to see our "fat selves". So allowing you to acknowledge how far you have come (by looking in the mirror) will help you allow the "thin" person to come out. I hope I made sense. lol
    yay for you!!! congrats!
    Thats so awesome! I know exactly what you mean!! I am having a similar experience. I no longer shy away from pictures either!
    What an amazing milestone! Good for you!