Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

brooklyn_mom

when easy gets hard

Rate this Entry
Hello fellow sleevers,
Been awhile since I posted or logged onto the site.

I was one of those who lost amazing weight in the first 7 months, but I have been stalled for the last 2 1/2 months now.

I am not at goal so this is concerning.

I am doing the 5 day pouch test right now and it is going great.

I am recommitting to the diet suggestions outlined by my surgeon and nutritionist, and cutting back on the sugars and carbs that have snuck back into my diet.

My surgeon told me that often times it is easy weight lose in the beginning, and people get complacent which is what I think happened to me.
It felt effortless seeing the scale go down.

I am hoping that with the recommitment of the proper diet and excercise my scale will start moving again. I am nervous.

I went from 243 to 163. I want to lose 30 lbs more.

Wish me luck!

Submit "when easy gets hard" to Digg Submit "when easy gets hard" to del.icio.us Submit "when easy gets hard" to StumbleUpon Submit "when easy gets hard" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You got this!
    You can do it!! i am about 8 months out and definitely not loosing like i did at the start, i pretty much stalled out from thanksgiving to new years but after the holidays i also cut out the sugar and carbs i had allowed to sneak back in and it did help, i've lost 7 lbs since new years :-)

I know as we get closer to our goals the weight will just come off a little bit slower. Our bodies are not as big and we just don't burnt he calories they did at the start that made it so much easier. I have to be sure to add in exercise to keep a good deficit without depriving myself of nutrition. I only walk, nothing crazy or awesome like i have seen so many others do, but walking works for me right now.

I started at 230 and i'm now at 144. I'm shooting for 140 but would LOVE to get to 135? but i know if we follow the plan and keep eating like this for life, our bodies will find the right fit for our new normal. We can do it!!
    that is so good to hear you had a similar experience but got back on track! makes me hopeful!!! congrats on being at 144! I can't wait to be in the 140s. I also have a goal of 130ish. We can do it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by discoveringme
    You can do it!! i am about 8 months out and definitely not loosing like i did at the start, i pretty much stalled out from thanksgiving to new years but after the holidays i also cut out the sugar and carbs i had allowed to sneak back in and it did help, i've lost 7 lbs since new years :-)

I know as we get closer to our goals the weight will just come off a little bit slower. Our bodies are not as big and we just don't burnt he calories they did at the start that made it so much easier. I have to be sure to add in exercise to keep a good deficit without depriving myself of nutrition. I only walk, nothing crazy or awesome like i have seen so many others do, but walking works for me right now.

I started at 230 and i'm now at 144. I'm shooting for 140 but would LOVE to get to 135? but i know if we follow the plan and keep eating like this for life, our bodies will find the right fit for our new normal. We can do it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sociologist
    You got this!

Thank you!!!!
    You can do it!!!!
    It's great to see that you have recommitted to you. You can tell your head is in the right place to be a success.
    I know you will be successful. Congrats on what you have lost so far.
    thanks everyone for your support!
    just finished the 5 day pouch test and lost 4 lbs! I feel recommitted to following the plan and am committed to limiting unhealthy carbs from my diet. Also exercising!
    I recommend the 5 day pouch test to anyone who is struggling with a long stall and needs to shake it up. I am just so happy to see the scale move again-feeling very motivated again!!

at 160...can't wait to break into the 150s!