Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

LFAJ

WHAT no coffee?

Rate this Entry
Can anyone tell me why doc says no coffee? Decaf or reg, NO Coffee.

Submit "WHAT no coffee?" to Digg Submit "WHAT no coffee?" to del.icio.us Submit "WHAT no coffee?" to StumbleUpon Submit "WHAT no coffee?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The acid will give you the runs but truthfully I wouldn't be regular with out a cup of decaf in the morning.
    Every doctor must be different, mine recommended I drink coffeebecause i have been having constipation issues. They also brought me coffee in the hospital the morning after surgery (I didnt drink it) I am 3 weeks out and drink 8oz of coffee w/sugar free creamer and hace had no problems.
    I had coffee as soon as I hit the Airport in San Diego. I made it a latte so there was more milk but coffee is the one thing I was not going to give up. It has not caused me any trouble. I only drink fresh ground coffee made 1 cup at a time, much better for us. I do not drink decaf.
    My dr. Allows coffee after 3 months, but it is one of the few things my new tummy will not tolerate. 5 months out and I get instant heartburn and nausea after just a sip or two.
    I think it is because of the acid, like citrus fruit it can do damage to the staple lining.
    Also, caffeine is a diuretic and you will have to drink added water to make up for it.
    I was told at a month I could start drinking it. They just don't want the acid burning the staple line in the stomach. I drink a cup every second day.
    Also BJ Bariatrics has a protein drink capuchino flavor if you coffee people want it tastes just like it.
    I have a cup every morning and have since six weeks post op.
    I drink coffee every morning...then have my protein shake as a chaser! lol
    I have a cup of coffee & a glass of water every morning to start up the fluids for the day. Sugar free creamer & splenda. My dietitian said one cup or moderation is fine. She said it is mostly about what people tend to put in it and that coffee actually stimulates hunger? That doesn't make sense to me, but even she said a cup or two a day is fine as long as you are following everything else.
    coffee doesn't sit well with me, i've tried to drink it and it feels like it is buring a hole in my stomach, plus the second It hits my stomach I'm running to the bathroom. I'm hoping it will change, I just need 1 cup a day to make me happy. I'm 8 weeks post op so still a little soon. I agree, every doctor is different, min just told me to limit my caffein to 1 cup a day.
    I drink coffee every day and have no issues
    my doctor didn't say no coffee, he said it will help keep me going to the bathroom a lot easier.
    Every doctor seems to have their own opinions. I have had a protein drink that is made with coffee since I had surgery & the past month I've also drank a cup of regular coffee each morning, with my doctors okay. I gave up my diet Dr. pepper, I'm not giving up my coffee too. Lol. Good luck to you!
    I drink one cup of decaf almost everyday. Splenda and some skim milk. It goes down faster than most liquids and it keeps me warm as I have been freezing this winter without the extra pounds. My surgeon suggests decaf since caffeine is diuretic but they cautioned about people who load up coffee with tons of sugar and cream and that defeats the help of the sleeve, especially if you are drinking your calories.
    I was told half caf half decaf at 1 month. now I drink regular & I'm almost 4 months out but for some reason the decaf keeps me regular lol
    I drink one cup of coffee every afternoon with protein plus added to it. I have never had a problem with it. I was 6 weeks out when I had my first coffee post-op.
    Thanks so much for all the input. I did try 1/2 cup of half caf abt a month ago, had so much reflux that I won't be doing that again. I am having so much trouble getting my fluids in. There are some days I am lucky to get 16oz. in, not good. I have had so many complications but I would do it all again in a heartbeat. I am rid of 85lbs in 7 mos. I feel so much better: body, mind and spirit.