Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

transformation

had surgery today

Rate this Entry
I woke up with severe tummy and back pain between shoulder bones. Just received dilauded because morphine does not work on me. They tried toradol even though only 4 months post spine fusion. That upset me but surgeon said it should be fine. I waled halls couple loops earlier and will do so again in 30 mins. I am o floor with other patients with hip surgeries so that are eating normal food and the smell has made me very hungry. What the heck....thought no hunger after surgery. The hospital staff is super nice...very sweet and attentive. When I swallow my own tiny amount of saliva me stomavh has vharlie horse cramps. Anyone else had issues swallowing own spit soon after surgery? If I cannot handle that then how the heck can I move to the barium swallow test and thin liquids tomorrow. It really really cramps with micro saliva swallow. This is the moment of we wondering what I did to myself but know it will pass.

3 of my friends are so awesomely supportive and showering with love. Other 2 friends I told are quite cold and not supportive. "Why would you do this to yourself and not try a diet and trainer (YET) again?" My father is a super trooper of support and just left hospital for the night. My mom decided not to come and that is a good thing because she is pretty negative about everything in life and I need to be surrounded with lots of positivity.

Oh, a different floor nurse just came in to help the shift nurse here and expressed shock that I had VSG. She said I shouldnt lose any more weight. Um, honey that is going to happen because good chunk of stomach is gone and also since when was starting bmi 35 not obese? We set the obese levels so high in this country and we are sick and achy as a result.

Submit "had surgery today" to Digg Submit "had surgery today" to del.icio.us Submit "had surgery today" to StumbleUpon Submit "had surgery today" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

congrats to you, an your doing a great thing with surrounding yourself with positive people because you will need it. hope you feel better before tomorrow
    Congrats! This week it will be hard to stay positive, your support people will be needed. Once some of the gas is worked out, it becomes easier to swallow.
    My mom decided not to come and that is a good thing because she is pretty negative about everything in life and I need to be surrounded with lots of positivity.
    Make sure you keep the positivity around you!!!- sometimes our family can be the "enemy" in certain things. So you did right!! Positivity = great recovery!!!

Congrats on entering the sleeve zone!!
    Congrats on getting sleeved!!! Keep the positive & get rid of the negative!!! Good luck to you!!!