Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

My life as I know it...weight loss a must

Lossed my brother this passed tuesday, alone on my weightloss journey

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by jeanahelms28 View Post
My big brother was about 450 pounds we had decided to have weightloss surgery together in March of this year. We have battled with our weight our whole lives and watched our other three brothers never struggle with this issue. This week his blood pressure became so high that he had a massive stroke and I lost him in two days. I know he would want me to have the surgery but I have never felt so alone in my life. He was the only person in my family to understand, we have been each others support in finding a Dr and making the decision to do this. I am terrified to do it alone. I just wish he was given two months we were going to start our new life together and he never will have the chance. I know in my head that he would want me to be healthy but my heart is aching at the thought of getting a fresh start he never will.

Submit "Lossed my brother this passed tuesday, alone on my weightloss journey" to Digg Submit "Lossed my brother this passed tuesday, alone on my weightloss journey" to del.icio.us Submit "Lossed my brother this passed tuesday, alone on my weightloss journey" to StumbleUpon Submit "Lossed my brother this passed tuesday, alone on my weightloss journey" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine. Just from reading your post it sounds like he would've wanted you to go on with your plans. Please take care of yourself!
    I' m sorry for your loss. This forum will never replace your brother, but it's a great place for support. Best wishes to you.
    He'll still be your support luv, he just won't be as visible to the naked eye. I'm so sorry for your loss, but you haven't lost his support, just his body beside you.
    I am deeply sorry for your loss. May the memory of your brother fuel you to stay strong and keep fighting. He (in spirit) and all of us here are rooting for you. Live the healthy and happy lives you planned for each other post-surgery. You are stronger than you think.
    Sorry for your loss.
    I am very sorry for the lost of your brother. I never have discuss with my problem my thoughts on him having surgery. He is very active and no known medical problems, but severely overweight. But I pray he loses weigh before it starts to ruin his health. I cried reading your blog. We are here to help support!
    I'm sorry... so sorry. We are here for you. Please feel free to PM me anytime! (((Hugs)))
    sending prayers for you and your family over your loss. I know it's go to be crushing to lose your biggest support right now, but know that this is what he wanted for you and would want you to continue so that you can save yourself from what happened to him. God bless..........
    I'm so sorry to hear of your brother's passing. I would encourage you to use this board as a continued source of support going forward. It certainly cannot replace the connection you had with your brother but it sounds like he would not have wanted you to not give up and for you to have a long healthy life to look forward to. Hugs to you
    So very sorry for your loss. Keep going for you and his memory. God Bless...Mem
    I am sorry for you loss and I feel that if you and your brother made this decision together that he woul;d want you to follow through with. When you have no one else you have God and your brother because he is forever in your heart, be blessed.
    So sorry about your brother and will say a prayer for you, Good Luck and Best Wishes for you and your journey.
    im so sorry to read this post. long distance hugs-gordita
    Sending up prayers for you and your family. God bless and I'm sorry for your loss!
    I'm so sorry, you're in my prayers.
    Sorry about your brother, lost my brother to obesity problems as well and he was my closest know the feeling. He will be there with you in spirit to help you through, gl on your journey hugs.
    So sorry for your loss!!! I will pray for you for strength & healing!
    Sorry for your loss. But your brother would want you to keep not he journey of healthiness that you both were undertaking. Trust and believe he is with you in spirit. I recently suffered a loss of my own and it still hurts, but I know my father wanted me to continue on this journey. Keep your head high and your brother is with you at all times. Good luck
    Thank you everyone, for your kind word. I am going to follow thru with my surgery. I know he would want me to. I would like to say its easier but honestly its not some days are better than others and in time I hope to be closer to normal. Just taking it day by day trying to figure out how to honor his memory. Its been overwhelming how much support I have gotten from this site. Thank you everyone