Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

craigm68

Multivitamins

Rate this Entry
What are you using for mutlivitamins? I bought Centrum chewables and they do not disolve enough. I then got flintstones gummies and it takes a long time to chew them down to size. I want to see if someone has something that works better. I am a few days post op, thanks

Submit "Multivitamins" to Digg Submit "Multivitamins" to del.icio.us Submit "Multivitamins" to StumbleUpon Submit "Multivitamins" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My NUT said Not to use gummy type vitamins, but told me to get Flintstones Chewables Complete, as they gave more minerals than adult Chewables. I'm also taking chewable calcium that has D in it. I'm also taking chewable b12 and chewabkes Biotin.
    My surgeon & NUT said chewables were good (soooo weird how all md's/NUTs have such opposite opinions). I use Womens VITAfusion gummies with no problems if I chew chew chew.
    I got a sample pack from Celebratevitamins.com. It was 3 dollars, no shipping and included a nice selection of the chewable multi's, calcium and iron. I also got a protein drink powder and some soft chew vitamins.

They are good and dissolve well, but I haven't ordered yet, as I want to use up what I have here, which is the Centrum chewable. I think they leave a metallic taste in my mouth.
    I take VitalFusions multi vitamin gummies. My doctor doesn't like us taking gummies because he says they aren't good enough but a year out all my labs are normal so I will continue to take them
    I am 3 days post op and I am using the regular Flintstones. I can chew it down real good, although they aren't much for taste
    I take Opurity gastric sleeve/bypass chewable vitamins. They are made by the same people who make Unjury protein. They have a citrus flavor, so not that great if you just had a chocolate protein shake but they go down easy and I have had no issues. I figured that if that is a large source of my nutrients I wanted to make sure they were top quality, and I like that they are China free. I think it was maybe $30 for a 90 day supply.
    I couldn't find any decent disolvable multivitamins so I am taking Centrum but I cut the tablet into 3 and swallow it that way. I haven't had a problem so far and I am only 6 days post op.
    My doc had me also taking the flinstone chewable multi completes.. I didn't like them, but took them everyday until I was promoted to a regular multivitam. I now take the centrum womens multi. Good luck!
    I'm 3 days post op and I take flinstone chewables. I can start calcium chewables when I'm 1 week post op.
    I've been using the Source of Life Gold chewables. Their nutrient profile has hundreds of great things not just a few core vitamins.
    You are going to get a ton of comments on this. My surgeon doesn't allow either the Centrum Chewables or any brand of Gummies, because neither of them have any minerals or iron in them.

I am taking 3 regular flinstones chewables for the first 6 weeks. I will finish my bottle next week and then I am switching to Twinlab's Daily One capsules. They are large capsules, but capsules allegedly break down completely in your stomach. I will note that the Twinlabs Daily One has at least 3 x's all the vitamins and minerals of the Flinstones except iron - but that is OK because I am also taking a seperate chewable iron (celebrate brand).
    those that are taking the flintstones complete vitamins how many do you take a day. and those that are taking the vital fusion how many a day also
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNotABarbie
    I take VitalFusions multi vitamin gummies. My doctor doesn't like us taking gummies because he says they aren't good enough but a year out all my labs are normal so I will continue to take them

how many do you take a day and are you taking supplement calcium or vitamin b