Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

dyork0028

Christmas Eve Surgery!!

Rate this Entry
Now it is still starting to feel real. I spent all day at the hospital getting pre-op and everyone at the hospital kept asking me "Why are you having your surgery on Christmas Eve?" I had to tell them that I didn't pick the day, my surgeon did, and when you have waited as long as I have to get this surgery, you show up when the Dr. tells you. Of course, having 2 young daughters, I was concerned with their reaction when I told them that I would not be home on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning, but their main concern was exactly how that was going to effect Santa's visit, if at all. Thank goodness for Nana and Papa, as they will be taking care of Christmas Eve festivities and Santa is going to hide the gifts somewhere in the house so that Daddy and I can bring them out when Mommy comes home. I am a very frugal woman, but this year I kind of splurged more than usual on my girls due to a little "surgery on Christmas Eve" guilt...no way am I missing Emma's face when she opens that i-pad. 500 bucks.....geez...but I guess that IS the price you pay for having surgery on Christmas Eve.

Submit "Christmas Eve Surgery!!" to Digg Submit "Christmas Eve Surgery!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Christmas Eve Surgery!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Christmas Eve Surgery!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm having surgery Christmas Eve also. We are celebrating Christmas tomorrow morning and then dinner Sunday night. Which I can't eat LOL. Well, I'm Italian so I guess I can eat a little fish. No pasta though> (sad face)
    I'm not sure if my daughter (11) still believes in Santa, she hasn't brought it up this year. My husband and she will visit me 12/25 in the morning and then go to my sister in laws to have dinner and open presents. I'm not sad that I'm missing out, I'm just scared to death. Are you afraid and how are you handling that?
    Lori
    What a great present for you AND your family.
    Merry Christmas!
    Quote Originally Posted by lad45
    I'm having surgery Christmas Eve also. We are celebrating Christmas tomorrow morning and then dinner Sunday night. Which I can't eat LOL. Well, I'm Italian so I guess I can eat a little fish. No pasta though> (sad face)
    I'm not sure if my daughter (11) still believes in Santa, she hasn't brought it up this year. My husband and she will visit me 12/25 in the morning and then go to my sister in laws to have dinner and open presents. I'm not sad that I'm missing out, I'm just scared to death. Are you afraid and how are you handling that?
    Lori
    How many days are you staying in the hospital? I am told that I am going to be discharged on Christmas morning..so fingers crossed, I hope that happens. I have had gall bladder surgery and 2 c-sections and my pattern seems to be that I am really calm until the morning of surgery, then I get really nervous. I have wanted this surgery for so long...so I am really excited more than anything, but trust me..come surgery time, I will be a ball of nerves!! I am more worried about being thirsty after coming out of surgery because I was told I will have to go until Christmas morning without anything to drink...Lol. This is my concern, because I always have something to drink in my hand. We will both get through this and look and feel fantastic and be SO glad we did it!! Keep in touch and we can kind of compare what we are going through and help each other through it. I need as much support as I can get!!
    Hi Dyork0028- not sure how many days in the hospital, insurance approved overnight but me and anesthesia typically don't get along LOL! I get very nauseous and confused. SO it may be longer. I hope not but maybe it's better to be in the hospital than home. I know exactly what you mean about the water, I already drink about 60 oz of Fruit2O anyway because my mouth gets so dry, I can't imagine not being able to have water. Had a good cry today so I'm feeling a little less nervous about the surgery. Maybe I just needed to vent some of these complex emotions. Anyway, I'll think of you on our day and I'll let you know how this all comes out!