Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Flipflops

Dizziness?

Rate this Entry
Tomorrow I will be 3 weeks out from surgery. Every since the scopolamine patch came off about 4 days after surgery, I get very dizzy when rolling over at night and sitting up in bed. I don't have the symptoms during the day. Dr. said it is common and will go away. Nurse said to make sure I drink all my water, which I am really trying to do.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Submit "Dizziness?" to Digg Submit "Dizziness?" to del.icio.us Submit "Dizziness?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dizziness?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Also make sure your pcp adjusts your htn rx as you lose ( if you are on it). That can cause dizziness if your dies isn't adjusted as your body changes. Hope you feel better.
    I am experiencing this! To the point of feeling sick to my stomached. Before I had surgery I experienced this also but was told it was an inner ear thing and I was given some movements to do and it went away. I just assumed it was the same ear thing and it had come back.....I have done the movements doc suggested last time and this time they are not helping . Now I think I'm going to make another doc app to get to the bottom of all this please message me if you find anything out and I will to you also.
    I have had problems with vertigo in the past and have exercises that help relocate the crystals in the inner ear. It seems like I do this a couple times a year. I did these a couple days after the patch came off without any relief. I asked my Dr. about this and he said it is normal and will go away. I didn't ask him why this happens, but will next time I see him (I sometimes forget to ask why). I haven't been able to finish all my water everyday and am trying to, as the bariatric nurse that runs our FB page said keeping up with that will help. Just glad to hear that others have had this happen. I haven't heard anyone talk about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordita
    Also make sure your pcp adjusts your htn rx as you lose ( if you are on it). That can cause dizziness if your dies isn't adjusted as your body changes. Hope you feel better.
    Not sure what pcp and htn mean.
    i get really light headed when bending over. It's really odd.
    PCP= primary care physician HTN= hypertension.
    oh lord, just reread my comment. also in same message, RX (pills) was autocorrected to "dies". sorry about my cryptic message. I just meant blood pressure pills and dosage can sometimes be the culprit. not sure why i made it so complicated! : ) hugs-gordita