Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ahall8499

I need exercise help!

Rate this Entry
Ok does anyone have Ideas on getting exercise in? I have 3 kids and its winter. I don't have a babysitter, so I can't join a gym but I've lost 95lbs and really need to tone and burn this fat. Please help I am very unhappy with the skin and I know I need exercise for a healthy life. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Submit "I need exercise help!" to Digg Submit "I need exercise help!" to del.icio.us Submit "I need exercise help!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I need exercise help!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I have four kids.. teens so I get to hit the gym to kiddies attached but how about a local swim center? We have a local indoor pool in my area, it's $6 a day to swim, I go mostly once a week, it's awesome exercise! If you have little ones maybe there is a reasonable "general swim" you could do with them and just do some pool exercise? I have a pool in the back yard (above ground) I utilized it all summer after surgery with water weights and all.. if not for the fact that my neighbors knew I had surgery they may have thought I was crazy... but hey it helped!
    *no kiddies attached* dang typo
    Shoot just realized you are in Baltimore County, I am in Glen Burnie, Dr. Meyer did my surgery... The aquatic center on Crain Hwy is reasonable. They also have an indoor water play area for the kids just moving it around and maybe sitting in the water doing leg exercise etc while they play? I know the Y in Catonsville has programs too, I lived in B-more County for a while but if I remember correctly my kids were little at the time and the price was kinda pushing the budget then.
    I am a single parent and i don't have free time to go to a gym either. I do work out videos at home. I use the beachbody work outs. I love them. I have been doing them since before surgery anyways. My 4 year old son even does them with me Its a good way to teach your kids good habits young also!
    Does your cable TV have free videos? Ours has lots of fitness videos. Also, you could rent some videos from the library.
    On demand has work out videos, I also bought some workout DVD's for about $10 at Walmart.
    Yes, home exercise videos. My children are grown, but if I had to drive 30 minutes to get to the gym to work out, and then 30 minutes back home I wouldn't go. You need to try to make it easy for you to be successful...

I have purchased BeachBody vids and they are well made and I like them. I love Zumba, and Carmen Electra's Fit to Strip too! I enjoy dancing, and for me exercise needs to be fun!

Best wishes to you!
    set a small manageable goal vs a huge , overwhelming goal. i started with 20 min a day 3x a week preop; and now 5 months postop i do six plus days a week consistently. my five days a week at work routine is 35-45 max. with an hour yoga class and/or a bike ride with free weights on the weekend. i wont do long periods of exercise. i dread it and then won't go. but by keeping my commitment to myself manageable i make or exceed my exercise goal weekly. i'm lucky to have work gym but i could just as easily walk/jog my neighborhood or around work on lunch; resistance bands are Great way to get toning in and are inexpensive and there are free workouts by the ton on youtube. just search 20 or 30 min cardio (zumba or hip hob abs or tae boe or yoga etc) and pick your winner : ) good luck. the results -the feeling great and being stronger esp--are worth it.
    I belong to the YMCA - they offer free child care while I work out. As a non-profit, they also have "scholarships" if finances are an issue. You might see if your local YMCA does the same. The great thing is they have equipment, but they also have group exercise classes of every type you could imagine.

If you really just can't leave home, then think workout videos are a good option - also you might look for a used exercise bike, stepper, or treadmill type thing on craigslist. Some small dumbells can help with toning arms.