Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

steaph214

Gallbladder??? What are the pros and cons

Rate this Entry
I got an email today asking if I would be having my gallbladder removed during surgery. I have never had an issue with my gallbladder so just wondering why I would after surgery?

Submit "Gallbladder??? What are the pros and cons" to Digg Submit "Gallbladder??? What are the pros and cons" to del.icio.us Submit "Gallbladder??? What are the pros and cons" to StumbleUpon Submit "Gallbladder??? What are the pros and cons" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was told that when you lose weight quickly it can cause gallbladder issues. I take a preventative med perscribed by my surgeon to help prevent that.
    I had mine removed during sleeve surgery. Mine was in bad shape but my surgeon said that rapid weight loss has a tendency to cause bad gall bladder attacks and likely it would have to be taken later. Rather then two surgeries I chose to have it all done at once.
    I have not had any issues with my gall bladder. My weight loss was slow but steady, I think that is the best way to go. Hope you do not have a problem. Made goal weight in one year and have lost ten more since.
    Rapid weight loss can cause some ppls gallbladder to go bad. I had this happen years ago when I lost weight really fast on WW's.
    Thank you all for wisdom in this matter. I am trusting that my gallbladder will remain healthy.
    I had mine removed at the time of surgery. I researched and found that rapid weight could cause gall bladder problems, rather than have to have another surgery....I was self pay, uninsured and didn't want to take the chance.