Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kindle

Day 4 Preop

Rate this Entry
12/7 so far so good! My preop diet consists of 3 protein shakes and unlimited green veggies and salad greens. For breakfast I add Syntax Matrix vanilla protein powder into my decaf coffee. For lunch I have a RTD protein shake. For dinner I have a huge bowl of spinach or green beans or asparagus or butter lettuce. I've sprinkled raspberry red wine vinegar as a dressing on the lettuce. Then it's another protein shake for desert.

The worst part is sitting watching TV in the evening. This is when I would normally down 1000's of calories in the form of fatty, crappy (yet yummy ) food. I'm getting through that by drinking lots of water and sucking on my homemade protein Popsicles.

Yes, I'm starving and yes, I've had a couple wicked headaches. But I just look at the pain as all my fat cells screaming "NO, don't kill us! HELP!" Instead of, "Look, it's another one...come on in and join the party!" I weighed myself the first morning but don't plan on re weighing until Monday. I didnt want to get obsessed over the numbers, so I don't even have a scale at home. I can use the one at work when I think of it.

Submit "Day 4 Preop" to Digg Submit "Day 4 Preop" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 4 Preop" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 4 Preop" to Google

Comments

I started my preoperative diet on 12-3 and I had a headache until 12-6. I think I may be past that point now. My preoperative diet doesn't allow me to have any food; only protein shakes and my protein shakes must have at least 20 grams of protein per 8 ounces, less than 200 calories per 8 ounces and no more than 5 grams of carbs. I so wish I could have something to actually eat! Not that I'm hungry but it's just a mental thing I guess! Just 10 more days though!
    I'm on my third day of preoperative diet...just protein shakes. I had to pay $250 to my doctors office for 42 shakes. They are ultramet 41g of protein, 280 calories, 20g carbs. They are very thick..so hard to chug down...kind of like drinking cookie batter. But only 12 more days!