Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kimpossible318

10 weeks post-op UPDATE!

Rate this Entry
I seriously cannot believe it has been 10 weeks already. I know they say time flies the older you get, but sheesh....maybe I need it to slow down a little.

Again, I apologize for not being as active on here as I was. This is the time of year where work gets a little cRaZy and my travel schedule gets ramped up. I just got into town last Tuesday night late and I leave again this coming Wednesday. Oy!

So here are my thoughts about being sleeved thus far:

It's so weird because I still have wants. Like if a menu has beef stroganoff on it I think....yummmmm....beef stroganoff, but the truth of the matter is it would be a total waste for me to order it because 1/8 of it later and I'm stuffed. At this point in time, the best food for me to order is either soup, chili, or just to eat off of other people's plates unless perhaps there is a small plate/appetizer that works. On Saturdays, my family goes out to eat together. I typically do the soup or chili thing, but this time I got Thai shrimp lettuce wraps and just ate all the shrimp and a little bit of the diced up mango. It was delicious!

I never did lose my sweet tooth like some people and I discovered that a cookie goes down very easily, so unlike meat. How messed up is that?!

So, if you haven't gathered, I still struggle with my meat. While in Chicago, I got sick twice. Both times I can probably attribute to eating too fast or not chewing enough before swallowing. You think I'd have it all figured out by now, but nope....not yet. Still a work in progress.

Oh...guess what?! I didn't need a seat belt extender on my flights to and from Chicago. That made me so happy. Also, there was room to spare. If that isn't validating, I don't know what is!

I've also been able to say "goodbye" to the 300s. I'm now working my way down the 290s. You may recall that once I get down to 250 I can get the big trampoline for my backyard that I've always wanted. Can't wait!

Something interesting is that I can totally tell when I'm going to have a nice weight loss because I get hungrier. Is that weird, lol? I'll eat more frequently and whatnot and then BAM lose 2 lbs all the sudden.

I'm still eating somewhere between 500-700 calories a day and I'm trying my hardest to get all my protein through food, though I have found some protein bars that help. I still like the shakes, but they are just a hassle sometimes so often I'll just drink some milk (lactose free). I figure that 12 grams helps.

I almost forgot to mention that I finally got my energy back about 3 weeks ago. I can go like the energizer bunny from morning to night on such little calories. I feel like I can conquer the world, lol!

Well the only other thing I can think to tell you about is my actual weight loss....as of this morning, I'm down 53.8 lbs and that makes me a happy camper.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Submit "10 weeks post-op UPDATE!" to Digg Submit "10 weeks post-op UPDATE!" to del.icio.us Submit "10 weeks post-op UPDATE!" to StumbleUpon Submit "10 weeks post-op UPDATE!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats to you and what a wonderful post!
    Yes- congratulations! That is great weight loss. And thanks for the details too.
    Good Going Kim! And it's great to hear from you. Seems like many of the old timers aren't around much anymore. Glad to hear you're doing so well.
    awesome for you I love your posts at least I know I am not the only one that dosen't drink all my protein. I have started my puree part and man it is tough cause I am learning some things you can't eat for sure.
    Woohootiehoo4u, that's awesome!
    So good to hear from you, glad that you are doing so well!!!
    How awesome....soundls like you're doing great!! I don't know if you've ever gone into any of the Goodwills in Houston or not but they are awesome places to buy clothes as you drop those pounds!! Also many of the resale shops in Montrose!!! I wish you all the best!
    congrats!!! my hunger has been ramping up, but unfortunately, i haven't seen the scale move... awesome feeling getting out of the 300's and no seat belt extender huh!? I was very happy with those
    Wow Kim, what an update! Congratulations!!!! Love those NSV's. The no seat belt extender alone is awesome!
    Wow! You've lost over 50 lbs! Congratulations! I'm proud of you, and so happy for you.
    So proud of you Kim! You are doing great! I hear you about the protein --- ? what bars are you eating? I'm seriously having issues with the shakes - they are just too sweet for me. I'm trying to get my protein thru food, but I get sick of eating the same things over and over(I go for the most protein I can get in cheese, chicken, etc).

If you ever fly into Indianapolis let me know! I'll come meet you and we can share lunch somewhere!
    Hi Kim. I think our surgery dates were one day apart. Just letting you know I have problems w/ meat too. My nutritionist said the stomach secretes acid that breaks down meat and with such a smaller stomach, there is much less acid to break it down. She said that is why it is hard to digest meat after wls. Don't know if it will always be this way but even if it is, to me it's very much worth it. You've made great progress.....keep up the good work!
    Kim you have no idea how happy I am for you! Great job! Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    Great job Kim!!! miss our little chats. It sounds like you are doing so good.
    Like you, I never lost my sweet tooth either.
    That is great news about your flight. I will be flying in a few months and I am not sure if I will need the extender belt or not. My routine has been to ask the flight attendant as soon as I board the plane before I even get to my seat. I am afraid if I do not do this, I will jinx myself.
    Congratulations on your loss.
    Wishing you a wonderful holiday!!!
    Amazing! So happy for and proud of you. You're definitely an inspiration to those of us still waiting to be sleeved.
    Way to go!!! You are doing awesome. That's such exciting news and I surely have missed your presence on the site. Not needing a seatbelt extension is a great NSV. I'm sure you wanted to jump for joy. Keep it up and take care of yourself. I'll be joining everyone on the sleeved side next week. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Great news on the weight loss and THANK YOU for such informative blogs!
    Knowledge is power ~ And for those of us still waiting, any and all information we can get will help to prepare for a more successful outcome! Best wishes for continued success