Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

InvasionKrys

How long post op..

Rate this Entry
Did you wait to drive? Have sexy time with your SO? Sleep on your stomach again? Wear tight undershirts? Did your glue fall off? Were you completely healed? Were you tender?
Just curious everyone's situation afterwards. And what I have to look forward to coming up!

Submit "How long post op.." to Digg Submit "How long post op.." to del.icio.us Submit "How long post op.." to StumbleUpon Submit "How long post op.." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hello, to answer them the best I can.. first off im post off 2 weeks tomorrow.. Ive been off pain meds for a few days, so ive been driving since. sexy time started when I stopped meds as well excuse the TMI lol some positions hurt more then others. so give or take 1 1/2 weeks post op for them. i never sleep on my tummy so im not sure. I wouldn't wear anything tight only because the incisions are still tender, not painful but sometimes if a shirt rubs the wrong way, I can feel it.. im up moving doing normal everyday things. Ive learned why they say give or take 4-6 weeks before doing any lifting. If I go about my day and don't really pay attention to what im doing I don't normally feel pain but at the end of the day my body really feels it.. I tend to be sore at that point. Honestly I don't physical feel like ive had surgery but it all changes when I go to eat something, { I am currently on purreed foods } Hope some of that information helped, like you said everyone is different so it does vary. Best of Luck with Surgery- you'll do great !!
    I waited 4 days after my surgery to drive. I was off all meds two days after the procedure and was able to turn at my waist with little to no discomfort. Sexy time will come differently for each person as we all heal at different rates. I was told that as long as it didnt cause any pain then have fun. I waited six days, LOL. It took me about 8 days before I was able to sleep on my stomach but was able to sleep on my side in three days after surgery. I never wear tight shirts because it didnt look good on my fat belly. I wasnt glued but they had used Steri-strips and they are supposed to come off in about a week. Mines stayed put for about 10 days. The stomach was tender for about a month, especially when my three year old would bump my belly. It took about 21 days for my incisions to be totally healed up and not have a scab.
    I could drive as soon as I stopped the pain meds, at about 4 days post-op. I never had any problems sleeping any way I wanted. I was lucky!
    How long post op..
    Rate this Entry
    3 Comments Go to first new comment
    by InvasionKrys , Today at 02:50 AM (33 Views)
    Did you wait to drive? Have sexy time with your SO? Sleep on your stomach again? Wear tight undershirts? Did your glue fall off? Were you completely healed? Were you tender?
    Just curious everyone's situation afterwards. And what I have to look forward to coming up!
    Drive - once of pain meds - 2 days. Sexy time - 2 days - that was long enough for both of us...lol. Sleep on tummy - I dont sleep on my tummy so ? Tight undershirts - I wear tight tank tops all the time - I have too because some of my tops hit me too low now. No issues. Glue fall off? - about 2 weeks. Completely healed - took one month for one of my incisions to heal. It was on my left side. I never hurt anywhere - it just took longer to heal. Was I tender - really just in the hospital (2 days) - lots of gas in tummy area from surgery - and I had a hieteal hernia fixed - but doctor didn't tell me that till one month out.

Best Wishes!
    I started driving 3 days out and stopped pain meds. sex was in 3 days as well , and I sleep on belly I really had a very easy surgery and it went so well. My stitches are glued and yes I have worn a tighter shirt and it did not hurt so funny how everyone is so diffrent good luck.