Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lgutenberg

Day 5

Rate this Entry
Since getting home I have been sleeping in my lazyboy recliner, but last night I decided that I would try and sleep in my bed upstairs. Unfortunately, it is too soon, and I could not sleep on my side. I had heard from others that sleeping on your left side will help the gas to dissipate, and I am still quite bloated. Unfortunately, it is too painful to sleep on either side, and sleeping on my back in my bed is too hard on my back and knees. So, off to the lazy boy I head at 4:00am after 4 hours of sleeping for only a bit at a time. Slept well even though I didn't have my CPAP. Today we will move my CPAP back downstairs and I will give it a couple of more nights in the lazyboy before trying the bed again. I had a shower yesterday which felt amazing!! My incisions are starting to get itchy which is a good sign, but hard to keep my fingers off! Yesterday and today I am finding it easier to get in my fluid and protein. I made tomatoe soup with protein powder in it for dinner last night. I will have some more tonight. I also made some vanilla sugar free pudding with unflavoured protein powder and sugar free almond milk. I went to the grocery store and walked all the aisles. Tomorrow I am going to try a walk outside, walking around the house is fine, but I think I am ready for more. Wishing I could go to the pool!!

Submit "Day 5" to Digg Submit "Day 5" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 5" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 5" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I have a bad back so I sleep in my recliner all the time. Only place I can be comfy unless I ever get an adjustable bed. Hopefully you won't need your CPAP after losing weight. Prior to surgery I had SEVERE sleep apnea. I had a CPAP but couldn't sleep with the damn thing on. Now my husband and daughter say I don't even snore at all. I sleep much better than I used to and without the constant waking up. I hope you get similar results.
    I hope you'll be able to sleep in your bed and the gas goes away soon. Otherwise, it sounds like you're doing well. Keep up the determination and hang in there!
    It does take awhile before the bed is an easy thing again. Sometimes getting in, is easier but getting up and out is much harder, especially if you don't have any help. I did that a few times and regretted it. so just take it easy and go slow. your bed will still be there when you are ready for it. Until then rest as comfortably as you can where you can!
    Thanks for the encouraging messages. I am finding I have more energy each day but I am still taking it easy.
    i couldn't sleep on my left side for months. even now (4.5 months), i still like to prop my belly with a pillow. right side is no problem now, but yes after surgery on my back was the best position with the littlest of pulls on the side. I know things will get better for ya