Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Readytobethin@51

3 Weeks Post-Op

Rate this Entry
As of Tuesday, I'm 3 weeks out from getting sleeved. Hardest thing thus far? Reminding myself to slow down when I'm eating! I'm still on soft stuff, but cottage cheese still hurts if you eat it too quickly! I'm not eating fast cause I'm starving, it's just that I'm always in a rush, but slow & steady is what I've got to remember.

Otherwise, I'm doing very well. If it wasn't for my capacity level being less in the feeling of being full, I wouldn't believe that I was even sleeved. I thank God for having such an easy time of it and pray that I continue to do this well.

I am down a total of 25 lbs, 9 from 1 wk pre-op & 16 post surgery. I still have a long way to go, but that's ok, I didn't get this way overnight. I feel a lot better physically, and it's only going to get better from here.

Appreciate all the encouragement from this site, another thing that I am very thankful for. : )

Best Wishes to you all, thanks for reading!
~Kat~

Submit "3 Weeks Post-Op" to Digg Submit "3 Weeks Post-Op" to del.icio.us Submit "3 Weeks Post-Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 Weeks Post-Op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awesome to hear!! I just got approved today for Dec 17 surgery...so excited!!
    So glad things are going well! Glad it has been so smooth; the only times I have problems are when I either eat too fast, eat 1 bite too much, or try to put something in there it says it is not ready for. All is good. I have no hunger, so have been finding it difficult to know when I am satisfied (not full, because then it is too late for me, lol.)
    I understand about being on the go and eating too fast. I just got home from work an hour ago and gobbled down my baked chicken too fast and I had to walk around about ten minutes before I got relief. I tend to eat slower when I eat with my family, but they had already finished dinner. Congratukations on your 25 pounds lost!
    So glad to hear you are doing well. Dr. Kim did a great job! Keep up the good work.
    I'm almost 6 weeks out and just last night tried to gobble down some tuna in record time. I hope I learn to eat slowly SOON, it was painful. Then as a teacher my lunch is only 20 minutes, that presents a challenge too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    I'm almost 6 weeks out and just last night tried to gobble down some tuna in record time. I hope I learn to eat slowly SOON, it was painful. Then as a teacher my lunch is only 20 minutes, that presents a challenge too.
    Most days I eat at my desk, so I understand that. So far at work I've been taking soup or Protein Shake, haven't tried anything more substantial yet.
    I know what you mean eating slowly god it is so hard i used to scoff down the food...now it is like ok slow down...lol it takes time but we learn....congrats loser....
    Kat!

So glad everything went well for you

Eating slowly - this is something my NUT wants me to work on so I'm used to it by surgery...and I'm finding it is not easy to remember to do. Like many, I eat on the run, at my desk, in between appts, etc. My lunch is a 1/2 long, but I've inhaled it within 10 minutes. A very hard habit to break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcrafts
    Awesome to hear!! I just got approved today for Dec 17 surgery...so excited!!
    I'm December 18th, I'm going to watch you to see how your feeling before I go in!
    Not eating and drinking is my problem. I'm so use to having a drink of something while I'm eating to help it go down. I forgot once and got sick. I even get sick when I drink water too fast. Just slow down on everything to be safe. Congrats on the 25lbs lost!