Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

whistlerpotpie

Stamina when returning to work

Rate this Entry
It will be 2.5 weeks out from surgery when I return to work on Monday.

Anyone have trouble with stamina making it through a full work day? (I commute an hour each way and have a desk job). Any advice is welcome.

I've gotten used to lying down after eating...I guess that won't happen. I'm going to miss my dogs, too!

Submit "Stamina when returning to work" to Digg Submit "Stamina when returning to work" to del.icio.us Submit "Stamina when returning to work" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stamina when returning to work" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I too am just like that, I have an hour commute each way everyday and have a desk job the only difference is that I also take the bus.
    I have found that walking at 9-10 in the morning and then again at 2-3 gets me over the sluggish hump.
    I seem to get tired during those times and walking helps.
    I went back to work after a week. I commute 45-60 min each way as well. I got really tired weeks 2, 3.. but week 4 got better. I have a desk job and was still able to handle working each day, just took it easy
    I went back to work the day after I got home. OMG!!!! Weak. I cut hair and my arms would fall down and I would have to ask my clients if they minded if I sat for a minute. I would sit and I needed an hour, but had to keep going. I got through it and now I am about 75% of my original strength. Everyday will get better. Shirley
    I miss my furbabies too! I was 7 weeks out when I started back at work and I have energy there. However, I am sleep by 8pm every night.
    I work in a medical office as an intake or front desk girl, my shifts are 12 hours then I have school =[. I went back 12 days after surgery and by the time I get home I am so worn out. 5 o'clock rolls around and I am ready to go home, although I have 3 more hours left, hasn't gotten much better but a little bit!