Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JeanethReinoso

Oyy Feeling unsure of my liquids intake and diet! 9 Days out!

Rate this Entry
I am 9 days out and feel like I am not getting enough liquids and protein shakes in! No matter how I try to sip sip sip I feel I get full so fast and cant help but think I am dehydrating! Is anyone else having this problem? And what do I do? By now I feel I should be able to drink an ounce in 5 minutes and should be getting close to 40 ounces a day or whatever the guidelines say but I feel like I get only about 10-15 throughout the day! Hoping his goes away its ard to constantly track how much I am drinking now that I am not in the hospital anymore but something has got to give!!

Submit "Oyy Feeling unsure of my liquids intake and diet! 9 Days out!" to Digg Submit "Oyy Feeling unsure of my liquids intake and diet! 9 Days out!" to del.icio.us Submit "Oyy Feeling unsure of my liquids intake and diet! 9 Days out!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Oyy Feeling unsure of my liquids intake and diet! 9 Days out!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am 2 weeks post op and feel the same way. I KNOW I am dehydrated and I am trying to make sure to get my water in - I don't know how many oz I am suppose to get in now, but I do know that by 6 wks I need to be at 64oz. I drink tea, so I think I need to skip that (or at least cut back) and drink water instead. I also am going to drink some poweraid and hope that helps. It is really hard, but I feel like with every day it is getting easier. Good luck to you!
    I use water based protein shakes Nectar has several. They don't fill you up as fast and you get water AND protein in each sip. Win, win!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikrchk
    I use water based protein shakes Nectar has several. They don't fill you up as fast and you get water AND protein in each sip. Win, win!
    That is exactly what I am drinking it is Nectar Roadside Lemonade it is the only one I could drink without wanting to get sick! I make one scoop with 8 ozs of water and add ice to keep it cold and eventually I drink up the water from the ice! I make those 3 times a day should I make them more often in your opinion?
    I'm 6 weeks out and still struggle with this. As long as you are doing the best you can, you should be okay....just keep trying.
    You know what really helped me, sugar free popcicles. You get the fluid but it doesn't fill you up as fast. And its a little sweet treat!
    I six week post op and I average 48 ounces but need to get in 64 ounces.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley1195
    You know what really helped me, sugar free popcicles. You get the fluid but it doesn't fill you up as fast. And its a little sweet treat!
    yes I just bought some of those myself!!