Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MarcellaJean88

Pre Opp///Night Before Surgery.

Rate this Entry
Well the time has come for my surgery. I am beyond ready.

Ive been overweight my whole life, and I want to get this shiz handled. I am fortunate enough to not have any additional health problems, but unless something changes, its just over the horizon. I have a family history of obesity and diabetes, so I am a ticking time bomb.

Surprisingly I am not nervous. yet. I'm kind of an odd duck when it comes to worrying. I inherited my grandmother's knack for worrying and have found a way to make it an art form.

EGD? Worried like Crazy.
VSG? Not one bit.

The things that worry me are the silly things like a catheder and have a voodoo queen poking me with needles.

I'm more worried about the pain to follow, and I know there will be terrible pain. I'm worried about the hair loss... And I'm worried no one will show up for the funeral I'm planning for my boobs.. ha, just kidding.

Mostly, I'm worried about failing.

These worries, I can handle. They will take some care to control, but I got this.

Its funny, I think I really have a good grip on myself and this whole process. I have dieted a trillion and one times and this is the first time I have ever felt the need to take "Before" pictures. I dont know if my subconscious just assumed I would fail previously, but either way... I know I am going to rock it this time around.

My pre opp went well. I just had to do it for one week. I could have four protein shakes, jello, broth, popcicles, G2 and water. The first two days sucked and aside from being a total Biotch on the second day I handled it pretty well. Yesterday was the worst day. I couldnt get myself to want to drink or eat anything with out a gagging feeling. It was awful. But I forced it down, because I knew I needed it. I didnt really do broth... I liked chicken broth, but I assumed I would like beef broth...but when It came down to it, everytime I took a drink i felt like i was drinking the juice out of the bottom of a roast pan. weird, i know. Oh well. Its over!

Tomorrow is the day. I Imagine I will freak out 15 minutes before...but I hear thats when you get the drugs, so hopefully it wont be too bad haha.

I'm so ready for this!!

Submit "Pre Opp///Night Before Surgery." to Digg Submit "Pre Opp///Night Before Surgery." to del.icio.us Submit "Pre Opp///Night Before Surgery." to StumbleUpon Submit "Pre Opp///Night Before Surgery." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good Luck! I drank the broth from vegetable soup progresso brand it's good! and premeire protein drinks from costco or sams walmart meijers
    Have a great recovery
    Good job on your pre-op diet! My surgery is tomorrow also! Hope everything goes well for you and you stay as cool as a cucumber! ;-)
    Good luck 2 u, keep us posted on ur journey
    BEST OF LUCK!!!
    You'll do great!
    I echo your fears and sentiments! Good luck, I am sure that you will do fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorygirl
    Good Luck! I drank the broth from vegetable soup progresso brand it's good! and premeire protein drinks from costco or sams walmart meijers
    Oh ill have to try broth from actual soups.. I dint even think of that!! Thanks for the tip!
    Quote Originally Posted by Readytobethin@51
    Good job on your pre-op diet! My surgery is tomorrow also! Hope everything goes well for you and you stay as cool as a cucumber! ;-)

Everything has gone really really well for me. I'm surprised! I hope you're not in too much pain yourself!! My worst pain oddly enough right now is from my throat!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenson
    I echo your fears and sentiments! Good luck, I am sure that you will do fine!
    Glad I'm not alone thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    You'll do great!

Thank you so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by FARROUTLIPS
    BEST OF LUCK!!!

Thank you! I think it went really well!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisIs4Me
    Good luck 2 u, keep us posted on ur journey
    I definitely will. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by j5Yolanda
    Have a great recovery