View RSS Feed

SethP

Wisdom

Rate this Entry
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

This last few days have been tough. There has been a lot of drama going on around the forum and I am not crazy about it. It appears that some people feel the need to lash out when somone posts their personal opinion. We all have opinions on things and that doesnt mean that we are right or wrong but it is our opinion. Our time on this Earth is limited but yet we fight instead of try to get along. We try to self-validate. I very seldom rant or complain, because it normally doesnt solve anything.

I have read more then my share of comments that could be taken wrong and havent said a word. Today for the first time I had to learn how to "Ignore" someone on the forum. I am sure that it will not be the last one that I will have to put on the elite list. I am not going to continue to read post that are malicious in nature about anyone. We all have struggles and we are all on this journey. We can sit here and say that the journey is personal, and to a point it is, but none of us are on this journey alone. We are all here to support each other in our ups and our downs.

I will continue to post when I think i have something relevant to add. I am not going to post just to try to reach the top of the posting board. I have not been big on blogging but I am thinking that it might be a better way to talk on the forum without making sure I am in the right topic header for the forum.

I pray that you all have continued success on this journey that we all chose to take. There are many paths but only one destination, healthier living. I pray that we all make it to the destination. Godspeed to each and every one of you.

SethP

Submit "Wisdom" to Digg Submit "Wisdom" to del.icio.us Submit "Wisdom" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wisdom" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Y do u think ppl r posting to get to the top of the posting board? Maybe some ppl like to cheer ppl on whenever they can. After all, ppl post on here expecting to receive some kind of answer or an uplifting comment to make them feel better and some ppl care enough to reply in 1 way or another...not to b at the top of the posting board. I for 1 try to respond to any and every post that I can and its not to b first, its because I want to and feel the need to. Good luck 2 u
    Thisis4me, I never said that others do post to be at the top of the board. I said that I wouldnt be doing that. What I meant is that I will not be as active as others. I was not trying to pass judgement on anyone that feels the need to post. Blogging is a way that people put thoughts down on paper and share. Was not being judgmental at all.
    Seth, thank you . I agree I only read positive and encouraging blogs. We are all different and I could not handle reading anything but good, positive people. I am sorry for what some people have to go through, but some people are just very hard on there fellow human beings that are going through some terrible stuff and compassion seems to have died . Sincerely with understanding, Shirley
    SethP...I totally get what you mean and understand what you are saying here. It's unfortunate how someone being banned from the site has caused so many people to overreact and attack others. I'm glad that when I logged in this evening I have read many uplifting, positive, and USEFUL posts. It has given me a little faith again in my reason for wanting to keep logging into this site.
    The bad news stuff is a bummer for sure. Sorry it has affected you personally. You are an upbeat guy and have encouraged me plenty, so I hope you stick around. Hopefully this stuff all passes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bergamini
    The bad news stuff is a bummer for sure. Sorry it has affected you personally. You are an upbeat guy and have encouraged me plenty, so I hope you stick around. Hopefully this stuff all passes.
    WOW thanks for that. You are such an inspiration with the success you have had. I am having a hard time with it to be honest. I do really well when I am home and can control what is cooked, because i do most of the cooking. When I am offshore I have to try to choose the healthiest options of mostly unhealthy food. I tend to gain a couple of pounds while im offshore then go home and lose the same couple of pounds again. I know that I would have never gotten to this weight without the procedure but I so want to drop more. I will keep the faith because of people like you inspire me to keep pressing on.
    Quote Originally Posted by SethP
    Thisis4me, I never said that others do post to be at the top of the board. I said that I wouldnt be doing that. What I meant is that I will not be as active as others. I was not trying to pass judgement on anyone that feels the need to post. Blogging is a way that people put thoughts down on paper and share. Was not being judgmental at all.
    No prob, I guess we all r a little confused as to what all the fuss was abt with WoMI and I tend to put my guard up when I feel like I am being targeted. I wasn't meaning that first comment to b nasty, I guess I took ur comment personally because I do respond to everyone that I can.

Don't let that stop u from bein active on here, u have good wisdom and insight 4 all of us
    Seth...... oh the drama of it all.

You were just getting active on this site when I found it and started stalking it. I have enjoyed your posts and comments and was really great knowing what was happening with folks who were steps ahead of me in the process. I hope that you stay and continue to offer your opinion and insights for others who are going through the early stages of prep and those who are now on the sleeved side.

While I also enjoyed some of WOMI's posts, some of them were a bit "out there", especially for my reading them from work. When I find a post that is something that I am either uncomfortable reading because of my location or my sensibilites (not only WOMI's), I click off and move on to something more appropriate for ME. I hate that there has been so much drama going on. We are all responsible for ourselves and our comments here and make our own choices. Whether complaints were handled inappropriately, as some thought, or not.... I am here for MY journey, to help where I can and to find help when and where I need it. I'm not going to a skiing forum to learn about the sleeve, so I am here until I can no longer find support, answers or give support and answers as I feel appropriate. I'm sorry for the ban, but more so because WOMI needed support now, more than ever (with his job leave and health issues). Unfortunately, I can neither change what happened to create the issue or fix the results. I am here fo my journey and to give support where I can. Good luck to everyone reading the forum and I hope that the sun will shine here again today and bring the tenor of the conversations back to the reason that we are all here............... Success to all!
    Seth I have to semi agree with you. Ive never been a proponent of texting or writing my thoughts as in forums such as this not everything can be sugar coated (so to speak) I choose to read what I like and follow the people who inspire me (of which you are one) You (and I'm sure I've said this before) are a voice of reason. Your story hits home with me - therefore I follow you (not in a creepy way lol)
    There is enough drama in the world I agree I don't want to come here where people go ballistic because someone wrote what they felt.
    I know there is an ignore button (does that button eliminate that persons newsfeed to the rest of us???)
    So on that note Seth - blog or write or sing or whatever you feel comfortable doing but don't leave because a few people get cranky!

I really needed to read this and be reminded that I must live... Just for today!!!

I really needed to read this and be reminded that I must live... Just for today!!!
    Seth, we need you around buddy.I enjoy reading your wisdom and you are a very genuine, gentlemen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigggietosmaller

Biggietosmaller,

That is the key to success. We all need to remember that we must LIVE for today. There is another saying that says, "Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is not promised, and Today is a GIFT that is why it is called PRESENT.

I try to learn from my History so as to not repeat it. I try to live every day so that the ones that surround me KNOW that I love them just in case the Lord doesnt give me a tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by natex14
    Seth, we need you around buddy.I enjoy reading your wisdom and you are a very genuine, gentlemen.
    Natex14,

Thanks for your kind words. You do not know how much I needed to read them. Being a Gentleman is starting to become a lost art today. I strive each and everyday to live my life as a gentleman. That is one of the biggest compliments that I could have been given. I honestly think many many times that I was born in the wrong time era. Godspeed to you on your journey.
    I just saw this post and can relate. After being blasted for commenting on a post I suddenly find myself staying a little more quiet. I also have found the ignore button and have chosen to shut some people out as all they did was constantly post to the extreme or lash out when someone offered an opinion different from what they wanted to hear. Thanks for being real many of us enjoy your posts and we are glad you around!
    The ignore button is good. Seth, don't leave the board, you are truely a caring, gentle soul. I have only ignored one person whom I found to be very aggressive. It wasn't that I was angry with him, he's just a clown, but I felt so badly for the person he insulted!
    Seth, In the 2 months I have been on this board, I have greatly appreciated all that you have posted. Don't let the drama get you down. Some people will always have to be right/have the last word. At least here, we can just scroll past it or click on a different thread. If only it were that easy in real life. Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say that I find your posts helpful and/or thoughtful in any situation. Thank you for adding your wise words to many a conversation.
    When we play on the Internet, we find some people we enjoy playing with more than others.

Doesn't mean we have to get into pissing contests with anyone. If they don't like what we have to say (or vice versa), then move on. We are not obligated to post, "No, YOU!" That kind of back and forth is what derails threads.

(I'm waggling my finger under my own nose right now. )

Most of you have seen this cartoon, but it is SO appropriate: