Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kelly Jo

Please help

Rate this Entry
I am now 22 days post op. I am doing everything I am supposed to be doing. The weight just isn't coming off. I have lost 11 lbs post op. Every 3 or 4 days, I might lose a pound. I had a week or so of losing a pound a day, otherwise it's just crawling.

I was told by the dietician to be around 600-800 calories a day, which is what I am doing. I'm getting in my protein and my fluids. I started back to work and the gym just yesterday, but was doing a good amount of walking prior to that.

I feel like I am failing. I know the sleeve is a tool, not a cure all. But I read so many success stories here and I just don't know what else I can do. I just want to cry. I felt so ready to go back to work, but by the end of my shift this morning I was really hurting. I work overnight shifts, 12 hours. Nobody at work even can see my weight loss.

I am just so frustrated. Any ideas? I just don't understand how it is physically possible to be eating so few calories and not losing the weight.

Submit "Please help" to Digg Submit "Please help" to del.icio.us Submit "Please help" to StumbleUpon Submit "Please help" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It's normal to stall. Mine last for a month at a time, but at the end of each month a stone has dissapeared. So far i've lost 1 stone per month since my op, i have stalls but always lose in the end. Make a note of your measurements and when you notice the scales have stopped moving check your inches because you can guarantee that they'll have changed.x
    Did you do a preop liquid diet? I worry about losing less weight in the beginning since I am already eating so little for 3 weeks prior to the surgery.
    Hang in there. Check your protein levels and be sure that you are getting at least 70 grams a day and no more than 20 grabs of carbs. Between the keeping up on your water and checking your protein that may help. Just stay positive. It will happen.
    Hang in there! This is a journey, and everyone loses at their own pace (although I agree -- some seem to be blasting the weight off pretty quickly!) Are you keeping a food/exercise journal? That is a good tool to take in to the dr's office to strategize.
    My dietician said 500 calories for the first 3 mnths, then up to 600-800 and finally about 1000 at the year mark. I did hit a 13 day stall at 3 weeks myself. Try not to get too discouraged. It is especially hard when you read all the success stories. I am one of those myself and very happy with my progress so far, but I still live in fear of failure. Ask yourself if there is anything you might be neglecting, and if not, then never fear. IT WILL COME OFF! Stay positive, keep walking and drinking water and eating your protein. Its early days yet. You will be in my thoughts.
    I am not losing very much either not sure why, I walk 35 to 40 minutes 5 times a week and my calories hardly ever go over 500 a day and I still am not losing, I am almost 7 weeks out and haven't really lost any amount for about 4 weeks, not sure what is happening I wish I knew I guess we just have to hang in there. Best of luck to you hope you lose soon.
    I lose a lb every few days and sometimes it takes a week but it will come off. Think about how much you ate before and what you are eating now. It HAS to come off!!! Just give it a little time.