Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Luvem82

eating schedule is necessary!!!

Rate this Entry
My boss decided to change my breaks schedule!!! I work from 8:30amto 4:30pm I used to take a break at 10:20 lunch at 11:20 and last break was 2:30 my recent change is my first break is 9:40 lunch 10:15 and last break is 12:40 ... I am still full until just before last break and I try to snack but it makes me sick.. I am not allowed to snack outside my breaks because I will be written up. and this is where it gets "gross" I am now constipated because I can't eat my activia yogurt for lunch.. I hope they fix it soon but I had to vent thank you for reading

Submit "eating schedule is necessary!!!" to Digg Submit "eating schedule is necessary!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "eating schedule is necessary!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "eating schedule is necessary!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This doesn't seem right. Does your boss understand what surgery you have been through? Is there an HR department? Your boss has a responsibility to take your medical well being into consideration - I would explain to him that you gave it your best shot given the change, but that it is too negatively effecting your blood sugar, health, hydration, etc, and that you need them to be reevaluated. Good luck to you!
    Being in HR, I have a suggestion. Go to the dr and get a note that says you have to eat every two hours. Then go to HR and ask for a break accomodation. If you have a note from the dr, then there is not real reason why they shouldn't help you. Good luck, I know all work places don't have a supportive HR team.
    That doesn't sound right to me. I agree with Ladyinwaiting, a note from your doctor should help. Good luck!!!
    If you have medical need, by federal law your employer needs to work with you to seek accommodation. Check into Fmla laws.
    Getting it in writing is the best suggestion.