Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kaygee

Job interview

Rate this Entry
So I decided that I might change careers. Currently I've been subbing in my local school system. It worked out beautifully as it was a very flexible job that allowed me to work when I wanted to do I was always available to my children. But last year there were cutbacks and I barely worked.

Today I had an interview. In recent prior years I would have dreaded an interview because I would feel so uncomfortable. And I would look especially horrid in any dress clothes. But today I dug deep in my drawer. I found a nice pair of tweedy gray pants. I don't even remember buying them. I put then on and surprisingly they fit. At least in the hip area. The waist seems a little big but that's ok. I can't remember if/when I've ever worn them but there were no tags on them. They might just be my favorite fall pants. Today's outfit combined with the outfit I wore to a funeral last week are my new outfits to make an impression. I still live in my frumpy clothes most days but I'm starting to wear more form fitting clothes. Yay me!

And to finish off my good day, my daughter, the pastry chef, is making me an onion and bacon quiche. Light on the onions and bacon. Ahh, I'm loving the benefits this sleeve had given me!

Submit "Job interview" to Digg Submit "Job interview" to del.icio.us Submit "Job interview" to StumbleUpon Submit "Job interview" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What an amazing day. Congrats!!!
    Quiche sounds delish.. What about the interview??
    Ya, tell us what happened with the interview!!!
    Ooops, sorry, it went well and they will let everyone know in a few weeks. Took an aptitude test also. It's a 3 stage interview so I'll just wait to see if I made the first cut. If not, I'm ok. It's good to be out looking again.
    Congrats to you!
    Well, good luck!! We are rooting for you!