Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mrssimpson

I'm ok

Rate this Entry
Here I am just days a from having my surgery.

I am thrilled at my healing ability. I healed quick from my c section 7 years ago so good to see still the same. Slight discomfort but no pain killers since 3 days after surgery. I can sleep on either side. Get in and out of bed well. And the scale is treating me fair. I do get tired. Did about 35 min of shopping and was happy to be home today. Driving for the first time was fine. I'm lucky my love of water is helping me sip all day (when not on breaks due to food). The full feeling does not feel good. For me colder water is much easier.

But I'm kinda sad. I guess the depth of how much my life has changed. Anger that I let me self get so bad that I had to do something so drastic to get control. I dread meal times. Each bottle of water is an enemy. The struggle of how to get the protien in. Which vitamins when and how. I have no desire for food. Don't think I have felt any hunger. Will I spend my life measuring my water consumption? The mental part is as big as the physical part. I worry about my hair leaving me.

Hubby sees me down a bit and tries to make me laugh. Comments about how bad it was watching me gorge myself on that 2 oz bowl of applesauce.

Maybe I'd be better if I went back to work. Yes I get tired but I can work short hours and from home.

I feel bad been So down when I do have Alot to be happy about.

I was not prepared for the mental battle.

Submit "I'm ok" to Digg Submit "I'm ok" to del.icio.us Submit "I'm ok" to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm ok" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thank you for sharing this. It's important for us to understand this side of the surgery as well. I'm sure it will get better for you. Glad you are feeling well!
    hang in there! you'll get through it! Do you have a support group to go to?
    At this stage yes everything is a chore to you especially eating. It is depressing when you don't know the future, well i can tell you at 3 months out life is pretty normal. The hardest part of my day is when i leave for work - i take my breakfast on the road, 12 oz skim milk and a light string cheese. So far i am not bored with it and its 20 protein to start the day and 12 oz liquid. I also have to make sure I grab something for lunch and something for snacks as I seem to eat every 2 1/2 hours. I usually have leftovers from dinner so I grab that and almonds or beef jerky for snack. That is my big dilema of the day as i use to not eat breakfast and order lunch everyday so i was able to run out the door now i have to stop and think. I have lost 46 pounds and feel great about everything most of all the sleeve surgery! Around 3 weeks i got depressed thinking I am a prisoner to food this is no way to live but every day gets easier. I know we have all been there and I am glad your husband is there to make you laugh, you will get through this