Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Lucy61

Gallbladder coming out today... or maybe tomorrow

Rate this Entry
I'm 10 months out and my gallbladder decided to fill up with gallstones and cause me some SERIOUS pain yesterday. It's the only thing I've had since this surgery that is on the down side. I should have paid attention to the signs - last couple weeks I've been eating more pepcid - haven't had to take hardly any since this surgery. I also thought I was having a dream and my stomach hurting about a week ago, but it was the same pain as yesterday, just much shorter.So here I sit, waiting for the doc's to decide when they are doing surgery, taking my pain meds, so not terribly uncomfortable. I never knew I would enjoy drinking broth again, but last night I have to say that the broth, popsicle, jello would all taste so good!

Submit "Gallbladder coming out today... or maybe tomorrow" to Digg Submit "Gallbladder coming out today... or maybe tomorrow" to del.icio.us Submit "Gallbladder coming out today... or maybe tomorrow" to StumbleUpon Submit "Gallbladder coming out today... or maybe tomorrow" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

im thankful that mine is already gone , had issues very young and had it out when i was 18..... I have heard it is def a downside to the gastric surgery a good friend of mine had the rny done and less then a year her gallbladder had to come out
    I had mine taken out on the 12th (two weeks ago today). I did not have gallstones mine was not "squeezing"...which was causing me pain. I actually waited for four weeks before consulting my surgeon hoping it would go away! Haha When in fact the pain was just increasing and becoming more frequent.

I feel great! I was back in the gym 2 days post-op...although I was limited to just walking. Saw my surgeon on Friday and he released me back to full exercise! Doing my first run today!

Best wishes! Oh and contrary to some blogs I did not gain a pound!
    Thanks - I almost called an ambulance because the pain was so intense, but hubby got me here in record time. The meds are doing good to keep the pain away, but I just want to sleep... and I have not ate in 26 hr, and won't be able to eat until 48 hr from when this all started... I better not gain weight
    I had to have my gall bladder removed 9 months to the DAY of my sleeve surgery.. Rapid weight loss can spur gall bladder issues.... the surgery itself was much worse than my sleeve surgery.... I was down for a good 4-5 days where with my sleeve surgery I was up and moving around within 24 hours...

Good luck with everything.. You will feel so much better once its out... I know I did!! No issues at all since....
    Stay strong! Just a minor hiccup in the path -
    Fortunately, I had mine removed in 1998 but honestly I can still remember how painful the episodes were before I had it removed so with that said I wish you a quick, easy surgery and even quicker recovery!