Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Island Girl

Hydration during endurance training

Rate this Entry
Need some advice! My one year post surgery and I have lost 92 lbs...however I still would like to lose another 40-50lbs. No crazy programs...just staying honest and increasing my exercise. To reach my goal weight, I am training for the Las Vegas Rock and Roll Half Marathon on November 17th. Yep...13.1 miles.

The biggest obstacle I have encountered is staying hydrated. I drink lots of water and still have issues. Can anyone please share what works for them to stay hydrated during endurance training? Thanks for your help!

Newbies...hang in there...this journey is worth it!

Submit "Hydration during endurance training" to Digg Submit "Hydration during endurance training" to del.icio.us Submit "Hydration during endurance training" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hydration during endurance training" to Google

Tags: hydration Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm pre-sleeve, but very interested to read the answers to your question.

Good luck with the 1/2 marathon!
    about 4 years ago I began a journey to lose weight and was successful in getting down 100 lbs....unfortunately, I added it back PLUS, but that's why I'm getting sleeved on 9/16. Back in my lighter days, I took up running and did several half marathons (2 rock n roll series - sooo fun!) and had a huge problem with hydration. I realize that was running pre-sleeve, so my advice may not work for you, BUT sometimes water just doesn't cut it. I discovered I did better drinking only sports drinks during my races/training. You can go with Powerade zero or NUUN which are both no sugar drinks filled with electrolytes. Just my two cents...