Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bambis6

surgery tuesday morning

Rate this Entry
I can't believe in just two days I will be on the sleeved side of life. This pre open diet has nearly driven me crazy at times. But you know what.........I have done it!!!! Woot woot!!! I have six children ages 1-18 so I have been very busy trying to be as organized as possible she I'm recooping.I have made 8-10 large casseroles n frozen them and also made meal plans thru the first week of September. My kids start back to school on the 13th, same day as my surgery. Teachers have been met, backpacks are packed, snacks loaded, protein shakes n stage1&2 post op foods have been bought, post op medical appts have been made, you name it I have done it. I'm a stay at home do-it-all kinda mommy. Laundry is always washing, dinners always cooking, messes are always being cleaned up. I'm also an extreme couponer so I'm working today on getting my last coupon inserts clipped n put away. They're not used to me being out of commission. Lucky for me I have an excellent husband that is taking off the entire week next week to nurse me. I have a hiatal hernia that will be repaired while I'm getting sleeved so most everyone ONLY knows about the hernia repair. I'm most worried about nausea n pain. I want to be a great patient and come home following all rules to the best of my abilities. Anything I have missed? Any extra advice? Any words of wisdom? The bunches for your support. BAMBI

Submit "surgery tuesday morning" to Digg Submit "surgery tuesday morning" to del.icio.us Submit "surgery tuesday morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "surgery tuesday morning" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats! You seem to be set up fine. I had both the hernia and VSG the same morning. The VSG was a breeze. Tolerable soreness and no nausea. The hernia hurt bad. I ended up needing to purchase a wedge pillow to sleep on the first 2 weeks after surgery. As soon as you can walk, walk, walk. I didn't have gas pains but I brought gas x strips with me and my nurses kindly took them and tossed them.

Enjoy the journey and let us know how you are doing.
    Praying all goes well!! I too am having mine Tuesday!!! Nervous and excited at the same time!!!
    See ya on the other side!!! LOL