Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

10 days left until my journey begins

Five Months Post Op - and near my goal!!

Rate this Entry
It's been a while since I've posted.

To say the last five months hasn't been a journey would be a lie. Yes, a few complications, but the positives out weight the challenges immediately after!

I don't think the physical transformation has been nearly as great as the emotional and mental impact this surgery has had on my life. I'm forever grateful, and to now feel the effect, wish I would have decided to do it far before I did.

I WAS a 16/18 before. Shirts were pushing an Xl to XXL. Today, I'm down 82 pounds (and still losing), and down to a size 6 and medium top. I would be fine staying where I'm at, but sleeve patients know, you're body will let you know when you're done losing.

I eat small portions, but boy do I eat! I allow myself to eat what my body wants - but small portions/good choices is the motto for the most part. I juice regularly - and this I contribute to the best part of feeling well. I would NEVER be able to eat the nutrients that I absorb in my juice. When I eat, I always eat my protein first. If I have room for more, vegies, and then a small bit of a carb. I snack on cheese sticks, nuts, and yogurt. Do I eat junk? Uh huh... I do. It's an exception, but a few bites, or a cookie... I choose to not deprive myself of a reward.

I'm still struggling with hair loss and need help figuring this out. Suggestions or input?

My body has stalled & lost a multiple levels the last five months. I still fixate on the number on my scale, and don't see myself yet for the size I am. I've had 40 years of looking at that big girl and number on the scale.

I am a much more confident and secure person today. I love me! I'm the first to raise a hand, push to the front of a line, and eager to introduce my smile. I love trying new things I wasn't able to do because of my weight insecurities. I'm active, although I do not exercise regularly.

I can't wait to see what the next six months have in store for me...

Submit "Five Months Post Op - and near my goal!!" to Digg Submit "Five Months Post Op - and near my goal!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Five Months Post Op - and near my goal!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Five Months Post Op - and near my goal!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

congratulations! you are such an inspiration to me...I just began my journey and I can't wait to be at the point that you're at. Best of luck to you and continued success!
    Wow...how inspiring you are to many of us. Thank you for sharing your journey.
    Here is a suggestion about your hair loss, I went to my hair dresser yesterday and I asked her about the hair loss and how can it be prevented or lessened? She said you need to balance out all the protein with natural fat. If you consume to much protein and it isnt used, everything that your body doesnt need goes through your scalp and it causes a protein overload. Making your hair brittle and it falls out or breaks. Remember that shampoo infusium packed with protein, everybody thought it would make your hair stronger and it actually damaged your hair due to too much protein and not enough conditioning. I havent been through the hair loss stage yet due to me be only 18 days post op, but if I can avoid Im going to give it a try. Good Luck. By the way you look great. Congratulations!!
    I've seen Biotin suggested previously on this site, if you haven't tried that yet....
    Congratulations!! What a fantastic accomplishment. Have fun w/the new you
    Thank you so much for this post. You sound awesome! I can't wait to see if I'm approved and how it works for me. Wishing you many more blessings!
    good luck, hun!!! you are an inspiration!!!
    You look amazing. What a great story. Best wishes for continued success. BTW try Biotin for you hair.
    Thanks for sharing and being super honest!
    Sounds like you are enjoying your new life and living it up!
    That's exactly how I wanna be too! I am almost 6 weeks out and feel confident and more secure of myself than ever before! So totally get ya!
    So excited for you!
    I was in a 16/18 also and I'm now in a 14. How did you get to a size 6 so fast. And I'm a little over 3 months.
    Great testimony! This journey is about more than losing weight. It's about discovering or re-discovering your passion for life and to become more adventurous. It's about reaching beyond our confort zone and becoming the person we've always wanted to be but was too self-conscious to really be ourselves. Well, you seem to have accomplished all of this in such a short time! May you continue to discover the wonders of the world and soar as high as you can! Good luck
    Wow..you look great. i hope i get close to that size. I'm 5'6" @ sw 225 wearing an 18 botto
    and 2-3xxx top.. Going in on 1/5 with Dr. Almanza. Thank you fir your hard qork and inspirational words.
    Thanks for this post! You are an inspiration!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann3
    Thanks for this post! You are an inspiration!
    Thanks you. I'm here as an open book and resource to share success ... We are a team to aid, encourage and stand tall as the new us
    God bless you..you are a inspiration a motivation to many as we read this.