Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

johnny15676

5 days post-op and feel much, much better!

Rate this Entry
Gosh - what a difference a couple of days makes.

I was feeling really bad on Friday and today, Sunday I am feeling much, much better.

Drinks are going down ok - a little achey every now and then. I have cut back on the pain medication.

Took my dogs for a 1.5 hour walk in the countryside this morning and was OK - felt a bit tired at the end, but nothing too bad.

Also, managed to sleep on my side (I am definitely a belly sleeper) with a pillow tight against my belly - no pain at all. I was not getting any sleep on my back!

I was planning to take all of next week off work, but if I may go back sooner. Will see how I feel tomorrow, Monday.

All in all, very positive!

Submit "5 days post-op and feel much, much better!" to Digg Submit "5 days post-op and feel much, much better!" to del.icio.us Submit "5 days post-op and feel much, much better!" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 days post-op and feel much, much better!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good to hear so many people are feeling better! I was 7/17 and Thursday evening I felt bad, but yesterday was a really good day and today I am hoping the same. Congratulations on the long walk! Keep up the good work, hopefully the next 5 weeks will pass quickly and our new lives will be well underway!
    So happy for you. I took my 30min walk by myself today my son got mad cause I didn't wait on him. He says he was worried and didn't want me to fall. Oh my 19yr.old I slept on my belly last night and rotated back to my side what a good feeling.
    Good for you! I was sleeved 6/5 and I had many times that I ask, "omg, what did I do to myself" but I felt a little better everyday. Don't over due it! Good luck with your journey!
    Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I'm jealous you get to be out in the beautiful English scenery! It is so darn hot and humid here in south Texas, just sit outside and sweat off five pounds LOL! I'm five days post op and doing well too, managed to do some light house cleaning
    A couple more days will be a world away comfortwise. You'll see.
    Thanks everyone!