Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

clujan09

I swear i don't think i am normal...

Rate this Entry
I TOTALLY THINK MY SLEEVE IS BIGGER THAN NORMAL.. I JUST HAD OVER A CUP OF STEAMED VEGETABLES AND I WASN'T FULL... I AM SOO SCARED THAT IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK FOR ME. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THREE OR FOUR BITES OF FOOD?

Submit "I swear i don't think i am normal..." to Digg Submit "I swear i don't think i am normal..." to del.icio.us Submit "I swear i don't think i am normal..." to StumbleUpon Submit "I swear i don't think i am normal..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Vegetables are not going to be as filling as if you were to eat a dense protein.. I'm pretty confident that you would not have been able to eat that much meat. Eat your protein first then IF you have room for steamed veggies, eat a few. If you're super concerned about it though, call your nutritionist ask her what is normal and what is to be expected.
    Thank you I guess you are right it's just that I am trying to stay at 500 calories a day and I figured vegetables would be filling I was satisfied but I was concerned at how much I ate. It scares me a little bit this was at about 1pm it's almos 4pm and I'm starting to feel hungry
    You should be eating every 3-4 hours. And I agree with 'while I'm still young'-you need to eat your protein first. Veggies are just fiber and water, so they'll move through more quickly than meat will. 8 ounces is not too much, that is on the smaller side of sleeve (so I was told by my nut recently, some of their patients can go up to 20!) Relax, follow the guidelines and you will do fine!
    ;0
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardSmiles
    You should be eating every 3-4 hours. And I agree with 'while I'm still young'-you need to eat your protein first. Veggies are just fiber and water, so they'll move through more quickly than meat will. 8 ounces is not too much, that is on the smaller side of sleeve (so I was told by my nut recently, some of their patients can go up to 20!) Relax, follow the guidelines and you will do fine!
    Thank you sooo much that makes me feel a lot better...
    Always eat your protein first. If you have room try to eat your fruits and veggies. Protein will also keep you less hungry and more importantly keep your hair on your head!!! God Bless...Mem
    Nothing wrong with skipping protein now an again if one has the craving for veggies or even something else...we are human after all....However, protein is the building blocks for muscle, so don't do it too often. Cheers
    Why are you limiting yourself to 500 calories a day? That's starving mode and can make it harder in the future!
    Quote Originally Posted by bestnester
    Why are you limiting yourself to 500 calories a day? That's starving mode and can make it harder in the future!
    Well I figured 500 a day is still eating and it would help me loose weight faster I have been stuck at the same weight for a while up and down 2 lbs... I haven't seen a whole lot of change yet and I am frustrated....
    get more calories in(good food choices) and you will loose the weight. Atleast that is what my nutritionist advised. Sometimes I get in 800 -850 calories throughout the week which helps me loose the weight. My NUT says I should be getting anywhere from 600-800 calories(750 is optimal), but sometimes I run over, especially when I exercise. Protein + Produce is the key, then if there is any room left, take a couple of bites of that wanted starch/sweet. Best wishes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpat1975
    get more calories in(good food choices) and you will loose the weight. Atleast that is what my nutritionist advised. Sometimes I get in 800 -850 calories throughout the week which helps me loose the weight. My NUT says I should be getting anywhere from 600-800 calories(750 is optimal), but sometimes I run over, especially when I exercise. Protein + Produce is the key, then if there is any room left, take a couple of bites of that wanted starch/sweet. Best wishes
    Thank you I will keep that in mind I tried it yesterday and it does make me full when I eat protein first... I had 760 calories and I was not hungry at night time.. I really appreciate it..
    I too feel that I am eating too much. I am can eat more than what most people on this group posts. I am 9 1/2 weeks out from my surgery and I am afraid that I am stretching out my new stomach. Or even maybe having a leak.