Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Truebody

Eggs are out to get me....

Rate this Entry
Eggs are the work of the devil….! Evil little nausea bombs that look nourishing and promote themselves to Dietitians and Nutritionists and the newly sleeved as nutritious, easy to prepare and easy to digest. Nup, that’s part of their dastardly plan to lull you into eating them.

Last Sunday – Day 1 of Week 3 I get out my trusty skillet and whip up scrambled eggs a la Gordon Ramsay and set myself up for 5 hours of groaning and wishing the damned stuff would leave my system. Horrible, horrible nausea.

Yesterday– Day 1 of Week 4 I whip up an egg salad with mayo and parsley, even tried a bit to start as I didn’t want to take it to work and feel yukky. Yummo, Eggs and I are friends, my aversion is gone, we’re all good to go.

Today – Day 2 of Week 4 – I eat my tablespoon of egg salad at my desk - O M G the egg has tried to kill me!!!

NEVER AGAIN. I’m off now to feel blurghk for the next couple of hours. Urrghhk. Blurrghkk. Grooaaann.

"Why did the chicken cross the road?" .... easy to get away from an egg with murder on its' mind!!!

Submit "Eggs are out to get me...." to Digg Submit "Eggs are out to get me...." to del.icio.us Submit "Eggs are out to get me...." to StumbleUpon Submit "Eggs are out to get me...." to Google

Comments

This post is hillarious and horrible all at once! I havent tried eggs yet I have 1 more day till week 3 but after this I wont be!! Thanks for the information
    What is it with eggs may be its the fat ? I can eat tinned tuna straight and mince meat in the blender so I would think egg is mild fodder copared to that!
    LoL Jen ... Have you tried one soft poached egg and a little grated cheese. Although it sounds gross ... I microwave one egg (not in the shell) for 35 seconds and the white is set but soft and centre runny. I haven't tried scrambled yet as the poached is working well.
    Good luck mate!!!
    I'm with you, I go in spurts with those horrible little devils so now I just avoid them altogether!
    Nooooooes Damn you Eggs Damn you ...I must admit back when I had the lapband Eggs were a no go ..but I started with scrambled very ultra gooey eggs and they were awesome ...now I can eat a hard boiled eggs seemingly with no issue.
    I hope things get more eggalicous for you
    Quote Originally Posted by tealee
    This post is hillarious and horrible all at once! I havent tried eggs yet I have 1 more day till week 3 but after this I wont be!! Thanks for the information
    What is it with eggs may be its the fat ? I can eat tinned tuna straight and mince meat in the blender so I would think egg is mild fodder copared to that!
    Take it easy. They're sneaky little devils....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilby
    LoL Jen ... Have you tried one soft poached egg and a little grated cheese. Although it sounds gross ... I microwave one egg (not in the shell) for 35 seconds and the white is set but soft and centre runny. I haven't tried scrambled yet as the poached is working well.
    Good luck mate!!!
    Thanks Bilby but I am very very wary of those nasty little things. The day got worse with the egg on board and its times like this I wish I could barf like a bulimic. Lets just say I made it home without a second to spare.
    I have read that initially some Bariatric patients have issues with eggs up until about 3 months post-op and then like magic they can tolerate them! Hope that is the case for you

I love eggs..they have never caused me any problems. Best wishes
    Eggcellent observation, no eggs for you!
    I tried eggs and they went down just fine. But yesterday I was so hungry so I decided to make a scrambled egg and I don't know if it was that I ate too fast or that I was so hungry but a couple of minutes later it came back up and out. Now I'm scared to try eggs again.
    Hilarious!
    I put mines on the flat top with just a touch of butter and cook it to about medium hard. It goes down so easy. I am sure that you will get to eat them again soon.
    Funny, eggs are the one thing I seem to not have trouble with so far. I cook mine in a non stick skillet with a little Pam spray and leave the yoke soft. It goes right down no trouble. However, beans and tuna are a big no no for me so far, I have felt your pain with them. Best of luck!
    I can't eat eggs either. I've tried different ways and still a no go. Sometimes I really want them and try again, but out hurts too bad and i throw up.I haven't eaten ant bread at all, but i want a scrambled egg sandwich so bad some days. I guess it will be awhile. No bread no eggs.
    I don't like eggs so have no egg-specific wisdom. However I did find that my tummy was very picky in early days, and then then a few weeks later I could happily tolerate what I previously had trouble with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anissa Christine
    I have read that initially some Bariatric patients have issues with eggs up until about 3 months post-op and then like magic they can tolerate them! Hope that is the case for you

I love eggs..they have never caused me any problems. Best wishes
    Thanks for this info Anissa. That gives me hope. I love eggs, but they don't love me anymore. Granted I've only been on solid foods for a week now (4 weeks post-op). I am the eggman...not the walrus.
    Goo goo goo joob.

Hilarious post, Truebody. I hope it gets better for you.