Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bejeweled

STARVING! (AKA 2 Week Liquid Diet!)

Rate this Entry
So, I am on my 2 week liquid diet and am hungry! I swear I AM the grumpiest thing on 2 legs right now but I am trying.

Today, I went to Giant (grocery store chain in the DMV area) and bought out all of their Campbell's condensed chicken broth, got tons of sugar free jello, sugar free pudding and sugar free popsicles to eat along with diet tea and diet lemonade to drink. Of course, I am still popping protein shakes (4 a day!) and taking supplements (Vitamin D, Biotin, Vitamin E, & collagen) to help myself along with my normal meds.

I felt so discouraged and ready to cry on Friday but to get to the mall to pick up more protein shakes from GNC (I'm gonna buy stock in the store, I swear). While I was there, I decided to stick my head into LB to look for some new jeans because I have lost enough weight now that my current jeans are WAY too big. Doing that helped me and gave me a boost of motivation. As it turns out, I am down by 2 sizes (woohoo!) and putting on the new jeans emphasized how much smaller my legs are now. (Plus, I found a pair of jeans for $9.99!!)

Seeing the difference visually really helped me when I was feeling kinda low. So, now I am at home, wearing my new jeans (actually jeggings) and sipping on diet iced tea. I see a little light at the end of the tunnel, it's still a ways away but getting closer.

Submit "STARVING! (AKA 2 Week Liquid Diet!)" to Digg Submit "STARVING! (AKA 2 Week Liquid Diet!)" to del.icio.us Submit "STARVING! (AKA 2 Week Liquid Diet!)" to StumbleUpon Submit "STARVING! (AKA 2 Week Liquid Diet!)" to Google

Comments

focus on the prize and man oh man it is tuff! hang in there
    Quote Originally Posted by juniper
    focus on the prize and man oh man it is tuff! hang in there
    Thank you! I'm trying!
    It's always nice to have motivation!!! As hard as it is, just keep pluggin' along!
    It does get easier!! Keep your eyes on the prize!! Good luck!
    You're lucky to be so close--I have 5 months to go :-(

In my pre-op I've started to lose too to the point that I just ordered bras from LB (they are having the BOGO sale!) I bought everything a size smaller which was amazing since I've only lost 18lbs so far but in my case, my boobs are generally the 1st to go (WAHHH!). I know I am going to lose more weight before I get to the pre-op diet (mines a MONTH-UGH!) but I envy you being at your stage now :-)

Good on you for finding the retail therapy motivation you needed to not be discouraged and give in to the grumps.

YOU CAN DO THIS!
    bejeweled
    You are doing great,,keep up the good work and it will pay off at the end
    I am very proud of you! You are doing great. You are going to amaze yourself. I know that it is hard to imagine that this time next year when you are taking your healthy and adorable self out to go shopping for some cute little things to wear, this llquid diet will be just a blip on the radar screen of your life!

Hang in there, pretty lady! Congrats on your new jeans. I am glad you got such a deal on them. Don't get too attached - you will be out of them in no time!
    So the moral of the story is...when in doubt go SHOPPING! LOL

Great job, your doing so well

You could also check out Carolyns videos, she's a friend on here and she pointed me to them. These are GREAT inspiration!
    gastricsleevecarolyn's channel - YouTube
    Before long you will be on the sleeved side and cheering on others that are going through this phase and you will be telling them the same things. YOU CAN DO IT. Two weeks out of a lifetime of being overweight is just a baby step in a lifelong journey to better health. When you are feeling down then you need to find some encouragement from family, friends and US. WE will overcome the bulge because WE stand together. YOU can do it becuase WE are with you. God Bless and Godspeed