Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

txbluebonnet

I made it through!

Rate this Entry
Well, I did it! I'm now the proud owner of a baby banana tummy . Surgery ran longer than others about 2 1/2 hrs. They said no complications though. However, I woke up a mess. Dripping sweat, horrible pain and nausea. I kept falling in and out of conciseness and begging the nurse for help. I must say I wasn't very nice to her because I was hurting so bad and scared because I was sweating like crazy, my hair was even soaked. And of all the nurses she didn't speak English. She just kept speaking to me in Spanish when I would try to tell her something was wrong. I finally got them to check my blood sugar since it bottoms out sometimes, but it turns out it was okay. So they finally got me hooked up with some serious pain meds and anti nausea, thank the lord!
Got to my room and my hubby was fluttering around me like crazy because he saw me in recovery screaming for help and looking rough and he was so scared.
He got me up to try to start walking about two to three hours after I rested. Only made it to the door before having to lay back down due to serious nausea. Next two tries where more of the same but I managed to not vomit, yay!
That said I'm now a hall cruising fool! Look out, I'll race ya . No more nausea so far, pain only at drainage site, and gas not to bad. Oh, and finally got the plumbing going at about three this morning.
I'm pretty happy with my recovery thus far and am praying for continual improvement. The nurses and staff have been super nice and helpful. I haven't had to wait for anything. So far would defiantly recommend A Lighter Me , Dr. Lopez, Dr. Ortiz, and Mi Hospital to anyone still considering. Well I'm off to do some laps. I will keep y'all posted.

Submit "I made it through!" to Digg Submit "I made it through!" to del.icio.us Submit "I made it through!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I made it through!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thanks so much for checking in! Glad the recovery is going smoother! Keep up the good work
    Glad to hear from you and glad you're on your feet. Hope you're stronger each day.
    Congratulations!! Thank God you made it through OK, Take your time and rest, too!!
    Congratulations!!! My surgery is scheduled for July 22, 2013 with Dr. Lopez. I am so excited!!! Keep us posted!!