Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

A Better Life

Not sure what to do!!!

Rate this Entry
Help me please...someone...anyone...I have not had a bowl movement in over a week and im starting to freak out..my belly doesnt hurt or anything I just know I need to go more often than that...any suggestions on what I can use or take.

Submit "Not sure what to do!!!" to Digg Submit "Not sure what to do!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Not sure what to do!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Not sure what to do!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

while I have not had the surgery yet, I have read some comments on the assistance of taking a daily dose of benefiber.
    I'm almost 11 weeks out now and it still happens to me too. I take a laxative if I don't have a BM for a few days.
    I was at the surgeons office last week and asked about this. I told him that I am only having a BM 1 time per week. I was told it is perfectly normal, continue to take 2-3 stool softeners a day. As soon as I am eating more foods things will begin to get back to normal.
    Milk of mag
    I took Milk of Mag. 4 days out and haven't had a problem since.
    ok thanx all
    fiber................................all natural fiber...........go to walgreens, ask the pharmacist for all natural fiber.
    I repeatedly see Milk of Magnesia as the best thing to use....Hope everything comes out alright LOL
    Try senna tea you can find it loose in health food stores or if you look in the tea section they sell one called "easy go" or something like that i think its made by Yogi. If you get the loose leafs you can use a coffee filter to tie them up in like a tea bag and you can make it as string as you like. And it tastes good its kind of sweet without sugar. Make it one cup at a time and don't use more than a tea spoon of leaves in your first cup. This will get you going but you will get cramping about 4 hours after drinking it so make sure to plan your day accordingly. Hope you get moving soon!
    Miralax!
    How far out from surgery are you? Are you still taking any pain meds? One big side effect from the pain meds is constipation.

I've had good success with the Miralax like lindmar as well. I put it into my water glass in the morning when I take my medications. It dissolves completely and leaves no aftertaste. One cap full a day keeps me regular.
    I was told to take Colace to help with BM. Hope it helps.
    thanx everyone...@ Bruiser im 5 weeks post op, not taking any more meds except for coumodin and I drink lotssssss of water...but I used the m.o.m. and it took 2 days but it has finally worked....I feel so relieved and light...
    I use Milk of Magnesia - half a tablet (I don't like the taste of the liquid stuff) at night - aaahhhh in the morning !
    My doctor told us before surgery to make sure we have milk of magnesia in the house as we will need it after the surgery. I hope you are better soon.