Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MiMiCeeBee

In spite of 30 + pounds gone...I miss the joy of food

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by MiMiCeeBee View Post
My band/sleeve resection was done March 27 so I am out almost 7 weeks. I am below 200, my first goal. My next goal is to be overweight, not obese. Then my goal is 150. I have followed all the dietary restrictions. I have lost the weight. But I have also lost the joy of food and the pleasure of eating. Dining out can be disappointing. I immediately ask for a box and leftovers take 2 days to eat. The ghrelin is gone and so is most of my appetite. I no longer crave chocolate. I actually don't crave anything. I get this thick feeling in my throat (esophagus) pretty much all the time. I have had a cold and strep since my surgery. I am scheduled for a dental implant in a few weeks (several stages starting with a sinus lift). No problem...I hardly eat anyway so when is eat soft food after that procedure it will be nothing new.

I used to like to cook and bake. What's the point now? I eat like a bird. Not sure how Memorial day is going to go. I love(d) burgers on the grill. I can barely eat half a slider now. I like how I look but not how I feel. Will I ever even eat a small plate of food at one time, or more than 1 course at a meal? If I eat a salad I can't eat an entree. If I skip the salad I can eat 5-6 small bites of an entree. I don't eat desserts at all. I drink tea and juice. Tried a few sips of Coke. Lost a taste for that too.

How are other sleevers doing at 6 weeks or more out? BTW my band was herniated so that was also removed. Has it changed my esophagus? Is it narrower?

I am happy that I no longer wake up at 3 in the morning to pee. That urge is gone. I can cross my legs. I wear a 16, and soon a 14. These things make me happy. But food will never be the same. Eating is just something I do to survive now.

Submit "In spite of 30 + pounds gone...I miss the joy of food" to Digg Submit "In spite of 30 + pounds gone...I miss the joy of food" to del.icio.us Submit "In spite of 30 + pounds gone...I miss the joy of food" to StumbleUpon Submit "In spite of 30 + pounds gone...I miss the joy of food" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

MiMiCeeBee: I know EXACTLY how you feel b/c I feel the same way!!! Finally, someone else experiencing the same thing I am...happy for the weight loss but sad for the dysfunctional eating..LOL! My originally surgery was 11/20 and my "sleeve modification" was 3/26 and I still cannot eat more than 8 bits of food and have to stick with liquids & soft food, i.e. yogurt. I''ve lost 63lbs however I have fought nausea from Day 1 and still fight it on a daily basis. I often wonder if eating out with friends again will be a fun experience. Let's keep our heads high and hope for the best.