Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

December

7 days since surgery.

Rate this Entry
It's been one week since surgery and the pain is just starting to be under control. Because I had the gall bladder removed at the same time, I am badly bruised and the pain on my right side has been horrendous.

Up until yesterday I had been coping well with the liquid only diet I'm on, but last night and then all day today I vomit whenever I put anything in my mouth. I'm dehydrating, I can tell.

Since the surgery, I've gained 2.8kgs (hopefully just water weight) but haven't weighed myself since returning home. I will see how things progress on Friday (my weigh in day).

I am craving anything I can chew, would love to eat a sandwich or something, but continue to struggle with protein shakes. My calorie intake is low but am more concerned with keeping the volume high.

Mentally, if I'm completely honest, I'm a bit of a mess. The pain is so much more than I anticipated (was put on a Patient controlled pain machine straight out of recovery because my pain was so intense) and I suffered high blood pressure during surgery. I feel like such a failure. I keep being told i'm a 'rockstar' for doing this but I don't feel like a rockstar. I fel like I'm dying on the inside and nobody can see me. I'm like an invisible rodent trying desperately to hide in the corner but are too fat to do it convincingly.

I have no regrets about the surgery. I know it was necessary. I'd be dead for sure, if I hadn't done something this drastic. But I feel so differently on the inside. So alien. So afraid. So isolated.

I have no words.

Submit "7 days since surgery." to Digg Submit "7 days since surgery." to del.icio.us Submit "7 days since surgery." to StumbleUpon Submit "7 days since surgery." to Google

Comments

This is a tough process! Hang in there! Each day should be better than the day before. If you feel you are getting dehydrated, talk to or go see your doctor. You should not be vomiting all of a sudden. Doctor may want to examine you or do a swallow test to make sure sleeve is ok.

Good luck.
    Bless your heart -- that's a lot to deal with at one time. I haven't had the sleeve done yet but I have had my gallbladder taken out and that always affects people differently. I don't think I knew how sick I really was until it was taken out so I can only imagine what you are going through with both. Just be sure to take things easy and be good to your body with keeping up your water intake and stuff. It may be the gallbladder removal making you really sick right now if you have a bunch of toxins from it still in your body. (((hugs)))