Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Terri Gene

Skin Removal

Rate this Entry
I got the OK from the insurance company to have the skin removed off my belly. I cannot wait to have this done (July 15th). I know the surgery and recovery are hard but it will be worth it. I have heard that some insurance companies pay for the removal of the hanging skin on the arms. I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield Illinois PPO. Has anyone had the skin removed from their arms and the insurance company pay for it?

Submit "Skin Removal" to Digg Submit "Skin Removal" to del.icio.us Submit "Skin Removal" to StumbleUpon Submit "Skin Removal" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Mine won't even pay for the surgery! Lucky you!
    O I have blue cross but im.just excited hear...
    It took me 4 weeks get surgery schedule
    My ins paid everything but 400 ...so i pray the excessive skin be easy too
    let me know how it goes.. I so want my legs, butt, tummy and arms done
    Wow. That's good. I wonder will mine pay for it. I have blue cross blue sheild of new jersey. I always thought they wouldnt pay for that unless you had chafing of the skin
    My bariatric team informed me if I thought I might be interested in a panniculectomy (the tummy flap of skin being removed-nothing done with tightening the muscles underneath) IF I had excessive skin to let them know immediately just so it would be in my chart that I was worried about/had issues before/whatever. I told them yes, because I have had several C-sections and a bowel resection done (which is when I developed my tummy tire). It's in the charts and we will discuss it at every visit until the time comes when I would actually need or want it done. Sorry...point is to have a record of your concerns. Talk to your surgeon about it as early as possible. Best wishes...
    Oh...I have BCBS of Michigan and paid nothing for my surgery.
    I have BCBS and hope when it is my time they will cover my skin removal. How long did it take after the sleeve for you to get approved?
    I wanted my arms done last time I lost weight. I would like to know if anyone else has had this done too.
    Awesome, lucky you!
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaRuth
    I have BCBS and hope when it is my time they will cover my skin removal. How long did it take after the sleeve for you to get approved?
    I had my sleeve surgery last March (2012) and I have had many boil like lumps under my excess belly skin so the insurance is paying to have it removed. I made sure that I went to my doctor every 3 months (no matter what) so he could see what was going on and write it down. They took pictures of my excess skin and sent it to the insurance company and they said take it off.
    After the visit to my doctor, they sent in all the info to the insurance company and it took about 2 weeks to get the OK back.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardSmiles
    My bariatric team informed me if I thought I might be interested in a panniculectomy (the tummy flap of skin being removed-nothing done with tightening the muscles underneath) IF I had excessive skin to let them know immediately just so it would be in my chart that I was worried about/had issues before/whatever. I told them yes, because I have had several C-sections and a bowel resection done (which is when I developed my tummy tire). It's in the charts and we will discuss it at every visit until the time comes when I would actually need or want it done. Sorry...point is to have a record of your concerns. Talk to your surgeon about it as early as possible. Best wishes...
    They won't remove the skin from the arms, legs or back unless you have infections from that excess skin. I am having the belly done on July 15th. I am sick to death of the boil like abscesses that I get under the excess skin. I can't wait to get rid of it. My clothes don't fit because of it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribblerone
    let me know how it goes.. I so want my legs, butt, tummy and arms done
    The insurance company will only remove the belly skin. Unless you have problems with the other skin (infections), they will not touch it.
    I have Blue Cross and Blue Shield of NJ. In the appoval for the surgery letter that I recieved, it also stated that they would not pay for any skin removal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose69
    I have Blue Cross and Blue Shield of NJ. In the appoval for the surgery letter that I recieved, it also stated that they would not pay for any skin removal.
    Even if it is causing infection under the skin flap? That doesn't sound right to me. If it is medically necessary, they should remove it.