Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Getting in the Mindset

Leave for the Airport in 31 Hours!

Rate this Entry
Wow, the reality of this is really sinking in. I cancelled my first appt but when I made this one, I really haven't looked back. Still not looking back but holy crap, this is real. And it's for life. When I wake up out of surgery, I can't exactly say, "Um, yeah...I think I should have given this a little more thought." The never-going-back thing is what made me cancel it in the first place but as I've talked to more people, I've learned that that's what they LIKE about it. And really, that's what I've come to believe too because I know that's what I need. Because if this pre-op diet has taught me anything, it's that I can't be trusted around food. Had I not been preparing for this, there's absolutely no way I would've been able to stick to this diet for a day much less this long. So it's actually helped confirm that I'm doing the right thing.

Haven't taken any pics of myself yet. I'm so used to avoiding the camera that I've been putting it off. Will do that tomorrow though. And take my measurements. Might be helpful when I'm in one of those stalls and the scale's not moving but the inches are. I would love to post my pic on here but I'm being really hush hush about this because I got a horrible reaction from my sister and I'm just not sure who I want to tell yet. Won't tell her til I'm back and safe, I know that much. I'm SO envious of you that have told everyone. Maybe I'll get to that point, just not now.

I talk a lot when I'm nervous. Guess I'm more so than I realize.

Good luck to all of you that have your big day coming up. I'm sending you all tons of positive thoughts and I just know we'll all come out of this smelling like a rose! Yay! We're doing this.

Submit "Leave for the Airport in 31 Hours!" to Digg Submit "Leave for the Airport in 31 Hours!" to del.icio.us Submit "Leave for the Airport in 31 Hours!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Leave for the Airport in 31 Hours!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Don't look back. Look forward. The future is so bright. I avoid taking pictures because I don't want to see how big I have allowed myself to get. I have plans to take 1 last photo the night before and take my measurements. That picture will be on my fridge to remind me what I don't want to look like ever again. Good luck on your journey.
    Bon Voyage! I'll be right behind you! I'll get there about noon on Friday... I'll listen for you name... do you go by lynnwa? lol I'm Karen. Way to follow through... I have that wafting idea to cancel in the back of my head... but I know I will be in the same spot 6 months from now and kicking myself! Chin up and carry on!
    Congratulations to you! I'm following you because we're in somewhat the same boat, so to speak. My weight is 215, and of course I've had some say that I'm not heavy enough, etc., blah, blah, blah. Regardless I am scheduled for surgery on May 28. I'll look forward to reading all about your recovery. Best wishes to you Lynn. God bless.
    Kutos to you. Jump on that plane and FLY!!! FLY to meet that happy place within you. The smaller side of you that You long to be. Don't worry about others and what they think. This is about you!!! This is YOUR JOURNEY!!! It's a scary thing, but one of the most exciting things we are ever gonna go thru... I agree with the pre-op diet, I also have proved to myself that I am in CONTROL. Food doesn't control ME ANYMORE!!!! I am in control of this, and I can do this. And so CAN'T YOU!!!! Be strong, and couragious, and when you're weak turn to those of us that understand you pain, turn to this forum and speak your fears and we will all help walk you through those fears. But also turn to this forum for good report, and let all of us share in your joy as well. Best of luck!!!! You can do this!!!! I wish for you a speedy recovery!!!
    Thanks guys. Boy, do I need to hear all your words today. They're sooooo appreciated!!!!

I started packing a bit ago and when I opened my suitcase it was yet another reminder why I'm doing this. Sitting there was all my swimsuits and cover ups - more cover ups than suits! - that I had taken on a cruise last year. I remember shopping for that stuff and how absolutely miserable I was having to find something that was cute but covered and above all, didn't look old lady. Hard to do when you're heavy. At least without spending a fortune. So seeing that put things in perspective again.

curlycheryle - Yep, it's almost picture & measuring time. Gonna do it before my hubby gets home.

Karen - I'm sure I'll see you there. I'll probably be the one walking around in bright yellow Astro shorts. Super comfy.

rn2babes - I'll be updating as everything goes along so yes, please feel free to read my ramblings. I hope they'll help you.

journeytogether13 aka motivational speaker - Thank you for those words of encouragement. Wow, you don't know how much they mean We CAN do this. Yes we can!

Thanks all and I'll be giving updates!
    Sitting there WERE all my swimsuits. Bad grammar! Oh and Karen, my name's Diane.