Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

joanaheter

My Journey

Rate this Entry
I am going to be 55 this year 2013. I started my journey for the process of WLS on Feb. 15, 2013. I have been thinking for a while now of doing some type of WLS, but having any of my intestines reorganized or cut, has really scared me, I also have some friends that had these kinds of surgeries, they had several complications in the past. Now they are doing well. One of my friends had the sleeve back in Nov 2012, she has done so well, I finally made the decision to do the sleeve back in Jan 2013, I told my partner that he could be with me or against me; I had made the decision finally. I have dealt with my weight all my life, ups and downs, after each diet I would go up more and more weight. I am tired of my hips and legs hurting me. My partner came with me when I went to go see Dr. Terry Scarborough on Feb 15, 2013, I was so glad; he was scared at first till he saw what was entailed. I have Type II Diabetes (Insulin), have been for 24 years now, I also have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis in my hips, all because of my weight. I have to do 3 months of weight management class for my ins, which will be done on May 3, which I will also do my Nutrition Class that same day. Done my blood work, Endoscopy and Colonoscopy, Cardiologist has given me clearance for surgery. I am hoping to have my surgery before July 4, 2013, so I can begin my new life. I have lost 10lbs so far, I weigh 235 at the moment, I just bought a Treadmill, trying to get motivated to working out, and I know that along with the sleeve surgery and exercise I will be able to do well with my sleeve surgery as the tool. I am not looking to be body beautiful just to be healthy and hopefully off my medicines. My daughter is very excited about me having the surgery, she said mom I have never seen you skinny. Wow that was a big blow to me she is so right I have been overweight since I had her 32 years ago. I know I need to have a lot of support around me, being on here and any other support I can get.

Submit "My Journey" to Digg Submit "My Journey" to del.icio.us Submit "My Journey" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Journey" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Best of luck to you on your new journey.
    Good luck on your journey and the road to better health.
    You are going to amaze yourself! Congratulations on making this decision. It is the best one you have ever made for yourself. As you go through this site and look at all the befores and afters and wonder if that could really happen to you, the answer is YES!!!! and it will!

I wish you all the best!
    You are going to amaze yourself! Congratulations on making this decision. It is the best one you have ever made for yourself. As you go through this site and look at all the befores and afters and wonder if that could really happen to you, the answer is YES!!!! and it will!

I wish you all the best!
    I am just a short time behind you. I will be starting my 3 months diet this week. Good Luck to you. Let us know how you are doing.