Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

dmgriffith92

3 weeks post op

Rate this Entry
I feel drained of energy. Im jelous of my husband and son they eat and eat and eat. Which doesnt help me only handling no more than five bites of something. Protien shakes upset my stomache so bad i puke so they are out and i have wasted enough money on that crap. I love the fact Im losing wheight. Had a week stall last week I was stuck at 236-238 but after five days my body caught up and began losing again. I start to work next Wednesday and that scares me cuz I need a nap during the day from lack of energy. So idk. We will see.

Submit "3 weeks post op" to Digg Submit "3 weeks post op" to del.icio.us Submit "3 weeks post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 weeks post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You had major surgery so of course your energy won't be at 100% yet. It will come back. I too have a family that can eat whole meals. I finally learned that I am only going to eat a certain amount and that's it. I use the rest of the time at meal time talking and catching up with the family. No need to stress, this is a life change and I am looking at the positive.

Take care and best wishes on your journey!
    I'm 9 days post op and going back to work Monday. I have no energy at all and I am dying to eat real food when my family eats. Probably didn't help watching man vs. Food all yesterday either. My husband & sons did not want me to have the surgery either so I have no support at home either. I thank God I have this board and the people on it because listening to everyone's stories is so inspirational. You can do it!
    Are you taking your vitamins? And a B-12? Do you get adequate amounts of water? Protein is crucial, without it, your body will pull what it needs out of your muscles adding to fatigue. Do you have dairy allergies? Have you tried protein powders made from eggs, soy, or peas instead of milk.
    find a way to get the protien, if you don't you will loose muscle instead of fat and that is not good. also your weight loss will stall longer and you will feel weaker. I know I hated the protien drinks too, try sugar free carnation instant breakfast. Good luck, hang in there , I went for my 6 month check up and I am at my ideal body wt. so it is worth it in the long run!
    Have you tried the flavorless protein? You can mix it with soups and other things.

I mix my regular protein with 1/3 of a yogurt cup and I like it that way.

I'm also 3 weeks out. I also get so tired at times. Especially right after I eat. I walked up a good sized hill today and I had to stop b/c of a huge wave of tired. My heart will race too every once in a while. Sometimes I almost faint and have to stop what I'm doing and lay down. It may be the Vagus nerve thingy going on. I try hard to stay hydrated. I feel much better when I get the protein and water in.