Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Marivdb

One Step Closer.....

Rate this Entry
Today was my Rheumatologist's turn to talk to me about the surgery. I was pretty nervous as he really preferred the band and wanted me to go that way and my surgeon was adamant about the RnY and I was adamant no....so I talked to my partner in health to figure out where we were going, and how to handle my meds as we go.

It was a good appt. I needed it to go well. He was disappointed I can't have the band, but agrees the sleeve is the best choice after that with my RA. He agrees that leaving things attached the way God made them is the best choice with the meds I take, and we planned the surgery schedule and when I have to stop my big girl meds so I can heal.

It was also the day we discussed my SSI filing challenges...been denied twice, and have an atty now. He got the paper work and we went through it together and he took my notes and we worked through it. What a blessing to have a good Dr. who cares enough to try to help me with this challenge in my life. We talked about the fact that it isn't just the RA that is causing my problems, and that it is also the morbid obesity and the iron anemia and the RA that is causing my problems. Praying that maybe if I can get the weight under control I can go back to a half-way normal life again. Although I have been this weight for 15 years, and it never stopped me till I got the RA.

Just a full day and so glad to be on my way. Feeling better for the first time in three weeks and back on schedule with my eating as well. One step at a time....

Submit "One Step Closer....." to Digg Submit "One Step Closer....." to del.icio.us Submit "One Step Closer....." to StumbleUpon Submit "One Step Closer....." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments