Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bkunetka

3 months and 50 pounds and a lot of hair gone

Rate this Entry
I am pretty excited at my progress, but it's getting harder and I am really having to fight at this point to not fall back into old habits, skipping the gym, eating something I know I shouldn't, etc. But I am fighting through and still seeing some movement on the scale. My biggest issue at this point is my annoyance at my hair loss. I'm getting in my proteins and I'm taking 10,000 mcg a day of of biotin and I am still losing a massive amount of hair each day. Not to the point where I'm going bald, but enough to where a small clump of hair came out when I combed it. It is seriously frustrating and I am debating just having my hair cut off. Right now it's past my shoulders a little and I'm considering getting a bob cut or something like that. I'm just tired of seeing it fall out at this point. I even stopped coloring my hair since surgery so I'm not putting any more stress on it. I know this is 'normal' but I just can't take it any more

Submit "3 months and 50 pounds and a lot of hair gone" to Digg Submit "3 months and 50 pounds and a lot of hair gone" to del.icio.us Submit "3 months and 50 pounds and a lot of hair gone" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 months and 50 pounds and a lot of hair gone" to Google

Tags: biotin, hair loss Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I posted a blog on the same thing and got some awesome responses. One lady recommended this, I have THE ANSWER to hair loss!! It's called Sheng Fa, it's a Chinese herbal supplement. I can't tell you enthusiastically enough how amazing this is, and it is only about $5 a bottle. I take it every day, if I miss a few days, the hair falls out, but if I take it....beautiful hair! I lost 80 lbs in 2001 and that is when I discovered it, I was desperate. I had started looking inot wigs and I was trying absolutely everything.. I decided to go to the Asian grocery store and talk to the herbalist. I dare say, it changed the course of my life, lol!! I was so excited, that whenever I saw a woman with thinning hair, I was very discretely and excitedly tell her about this! I found out it is a widely used herb in Asia. You can buy it at veryasia.com. SHENG FA, it is a yellow box with orange writing!!!!! This is your answer!!!!! "
    Also, another lady recommended and I bought it a collagen plus biotin shampoo and conditioner from CVS it's in a small oval purple bottle.
    im almost 5 months out from my surgery and thank god im not having hair loss. Im not taking anything other than my vitamins and protein
    I am almost 3 months out and have been watching for hair loss but haven't had any yet. If I do I will follow this advice.
    Are you taking vitamins? Zinc is also important, should be about 15mg a day. In my info binder, I was told to take a vitamin every morning and every night for first 6 months post op.
    right now I'm taking calcium and a multi plus the biotin until I go back to my doctor and have blood work done at the end of April. They never told me to take Zinc...maybe I'll call tomorrow and ask!!
    We are almost the same! I am almost 4 months out and 67 pounds down but fighting the same urges...just not as "on board" as I was. The weight is still coming off slowly, but I need to exercise more and eat better. I am also starting to get nervous about hair loss. After my shower there are about 20 strands and when I blow dry or brush my hair, the brush seems full. I also don't feel bald but I think my hair MUST be getting thinner as much as it's falling out. I sometimes think I'm shedding for spring (like a dog losing its winter coat LOL) but I'm afraid it is weight loss related. I take my vitamins religiously and I think I get plenty of protein. I hope it stops soon!