Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kardani9

Five Months & Fabulous!

Rate this Entry
It has been 5 months and I feel fabulous! There have been many stalls along the way. I have went from 216 to 160. That doesn't sound like a whole lot, but on my 5'3" body... it IS! The difference is from a size 20 to a 12.
During the stalls (there have been about 3), I kept reminding myself what my doctor said, "Throw your scales away! Keep up with your size through inches." Turns out he was a wise man Of course, I'm not going to throw away a perfectly good, expensive Weight Watcher scale. I enjoy the irony of watching the weight disappear without Weight Watchers entirely too much! However, I limit myself on how often I can weigh. If I got on every day, it would be too discouraging. Every 2-3 weeks is sufficient for me and of course, right after I finally get down to a new size.
It is amazing to me, how so very much my life has changed in 5 short months. It dawned on me yesterday, while pumping gas into my car and looking around at other people, that I no longer compare my size to others. I never even realized I was doing it in the first place! That is a sad commentary to what my like was like before.
I still do not stress over what to eat. My doctor has told me to start my meals with the protein and have a couple of bites of some of the "other" to finish. That takes me back to when I was a child at my mother's dinner table. She would say, "Now, you can't just eat meat! You need some of these potatoes." Well, now, I basically just eat the meat... or as I like to think of it, I eat the best part of the meal and leave the rest. I feel spoiled!
My daughter and I were in the car the other day and she said to me as she turned down the heater, "Mom, you have turned into one of those annoying women who are cold all the time!" I thanked her.
Have a great day everyone!

Submit "Five Months & Fabulous!" to Digg Submit "Five Months & Fabulous!" to del.icio.us Submit "Five Months & Fabulous!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Five Months & Fabulous!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awesome job!
    Good for you! I'm ten days post op and looking forward to the day when I can say I feel fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Great post. Made me smile!
    Thank you for post, I am one month post op. I feel good. except I keep getting on my scale. I am going to stop that for a while.
    I know what you mean about checking other girls out. I’m always “do I look like that” and I ask my husband is that my size. Secretly I thought he’d say no she’s to big hunny but every once in a while he would say “yep that’s your size” and I am devastated that I look like that!
    You are doing great, You're feeling fabulous. Sending a hight-5 your way. Keep up the good work.
    Great post and Congrats!!!! Amazing weight loss, keep up the great work!!!!! Loved your post!!!!! So inspiring!!!!!! I will be one month out tomorrow and I PRAY I have your results!!!!!!
    So many parallels. We are the same height and weight about the same at the start of the journey - your a whole lot lighter than me now naturally. Plus, I'd always eat the meat first. Turns out that being blood type O has me predisposed to liking my meat.
    You're doing really well and it is such a great change. Congratulations.
    just wondering if you are exercising?
    Thank you, for the great post, I also hope for the day to turn on the heater, I always feel like burning out!
    Thank you, everyone! I haven't been on a whole lot lately because I've been so busy! It's amazing the things you can find to do when you feel good.
    As for exercise... no structured, routine exercise as of yet. Not so much as one, single crunch. Which I DO need. My belly is flat but squishy So far, I've mostly been moving. Which is different than before my surgery. I have been taking delight in the way I can move about now. I've been feeling muscles flex in my legs, arms... whole body as I go about my daily activities. I am a nurse doing skilled and there is a lot of lifting and moving in my job. I've been gardening. Went fishing with my grown kids on Sunday and had to climb cliff sides to & from the water. (I would have found an easier spot before... if I had went at all) I could sure feel it in my legs and butt on Monday! Lol... but the soreness felt great! Yes, it's time to work some work-outs into my life.