Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Delores512

surgery sometime in May

Rate this Entry
Hello! What a great place to have found. There is lots of information and I am getting even more jazzed up about having the surgery. I have type II diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol - yes that's all - that is plenty. I originally came to this site to see how folks were doing after the sleeve that had similar health issues. I have heard the sleeve is not as good as the bypass for diabetes, but I am beginning to believe there just isn't as much information/success about the sleeve as there is about the bypass. So thank you to all of you that have had posted to this forum and I look forward to being here with all of you.

My surgery hasn't been scheduled yet. I have my appointment with the surgeon March 4th so maybe we can get it set for late April/early May. In the meantime, we have once a month group meetings were we discuss pre and post surgery diet, activity and mentally what to expect. This has been great too.

Congrats to all that have had the surgery and your great success.

Submit "surgery sometime in May" to Digg Submit "surgery sometime in May" to del.icio.us Submit "surgery sometime in May" to StumbleUpon Submit "surgery sometime in May" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The sleeve has been a GODSEND to me! I was also battling Diabetes, Crazy High BP (ended up in ICU 2x in 2012) and High Cholesterol. I am here to tell you.. Since having my sleeve done 5 months ago, I am now Diabetes Free!! My BP is better.. (still working on that) and my Cholesterol is way lower! (Not to mention I am 65 lbs down, with a BMI down from 38 to 29! It is an amazing tool! I have not been perfect, on my diet, exercize and H2O routine... but I do try to stay with it 99% of the time. I chose the sleeve over bypass, simply because you still get your nutrients with the sleeve and it seems less drastic to me! Whatever you decide to do.. I wish you the very best! Good luch with you March 4th appt! Keep going to the classes.. pre op and post op.. The support group I attend is really helpful too! Tami