Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Neurorat

Watching my husband (@Technomancer) and his new sleeve!

Rate this Entry
On January 22 my husband finally joined me on the sleeved side! His surgery was quite a different experience from mine. He used a different surgeon (Miami Valley raised their self pay prices by almost $10,000 so we used a surgeon that came recommended by my surgeon who was cheaper) and had a very different abdomen.

He had a history of exploratory laparotomy for dead bowel many years ago. This resulted in the formation of many dense adhesions (scar tissue) in the abdomen. The surgeon had to lyse adhesions for an hour and a half before he could begin the actual procedure. He also removed a portion of the small bowel because it looked "ratty". TO do this he made an approx 4 inch incision above the umbilicus, then proceeded with the sleeve portion through laproscopy. He had a 3 day stay in the hospital post operatively. The surgeon closed his incision with staples (???!!!-I am so mad about this).

He is recovering a bit slower than I did. He is doing quite well. He is on full liquids with a small amount of soft shredded meats. He has lost 12 pounds so far!

Please everyone welcome my husband (user name Technomancer) to the sleeved side!

Submit "Watching my husband (@Technomancer) and his new sleeve!" to Digg Submit "Watching my husband (@Technomancer) and his new sleeve!" to del.icio.us Submit "Watching my husband (@Technomancer) and his new sleeve!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Watching my husband (@Technomancer) and his new sleeve!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Welcome, Tech (hope you don't mind the nickname. Continued success, and what a better inspiration, than the woman in your life! You're going to love this journey.
    , welcome and congrats!
    welcome Technomancer
    Welcome to the happiest cyber place on earth
    Welcome Technomancer! Wishing you and your husband a speedy recovery and alot of success.
    Welcome Tech! Glad to have you here.
    That's so wonderful the two of you are going through this all together! Now you can have a mutual understanding of what the other is going through, although both of you are different people and have different experiences. Be an example for one another and you will be two sexy people hitting the beaches or wherever you want to go...trim and healthy for the rest of your lives. Welcome and rock that sleeve both of you!
    Welcome and keep up the good work so you can be healthy together. Wish my husband would do it with me but he already said no.
    I am hoping my husband will join me after I am sleeved. We both went to the informational meeting, we both met with the surgeon. I am going to have the sleeve done first but I don't know if he will go through with it, he is still thinking about it.
    Welcome! I am so glad you both have each other for support. I hope for a smooth recovery for your husband. I have Crohn and had a bowel resection of large and small bowel. My sleeve took longer also due to having to remove the scar tissue. Don't let him over due it. I felt good and went back to work 10 and 11 hour days my second week and by Friday I was totally drained. Also his protien will really be important to help him heal. Muscles felt weak for up to six weeks. Then I started on the Premere shakes 30 grams of protein and I felt so much stronger. Good luck I am so happy for the both of you!
    welcome !!!!
    Welcome to you, Techno. Feel better soon. Keep on moving, that will ehlp with those incisions.
    Sorry I missed this earlier. Hey Techno! Hang in there, buddy!!!! You two will be the dynamo couple at the 4th of July barbeque and Christmas party this year!!!!